Chapter |37| Hope Snatched Away

I scream out as I feel this searing pain rip through my body

I scream out as I feel this searing pain rip through my body. Kira looks frozen with fear and shock, whilst I lean back against the wall and try to remember everything I could about labour from my baby books.

I can't believe this was happening right now. Talk about bad timing. I'm locked up in a cell and about to give birth to my baby. This was not how it was meant to go.

I was going to have a nice warm bath when my contractions first started and then eat some pancakes, before setting off to the hospital.

My mum and dad were going to get on the first flight to New York and hopefully make it in time to help my through labour, there was meant to be soft soothing music in the background, my midwife who's delivered hundreds of babies before, lots of amazing doctors around the hospital so if anything goes wrong I had the best help and then Ryder standing next to me, helping me throughout the whole thing.

My baby was going to born into this world, happy and healthy, and then swaddled into a white blanket. I would hold him for hours, and Ryder would sit next to me, as we both gazed at our little bundle of joy.

Of course though, God has other plans for me. Bad plans. There is no soothing music, there are no qualified doctors or midwives, there is not Ryder, there's not even a clean sheet. My stress levels are through the roof and I know that one way or another I'm about to give birth.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god,"

"Kira!" I scream, in an attempt to snap her out of her state of shock.

"I'm giving birth. I need you help! Please ahh," Another contraction hits and I grabbed onto the material of dress, as I bite down on my tongue.

"Okay, okay. Let's do this. This is my nephew, you can do this." She keeps muttering to herself, which doesn't exactly help my current situation.

"Kira, you can do it. Please, help me." I look at her with watery eyes and try to stop my voice from breaking. I'm scared. More scared than I've ever been in my life. All I want is Ryder or my mum, or my dad. They always know how to make things better and without them, I'm lost.

I groan and tightly clasp Kira's hand as I breathe through another strong contraction. They're hitting me fast and strong.

Kira lifts up my dress and helps me to push my underwear down. She discards the material by chucking it to the side and then hoists the hem of my dress all the way up.

"Okay, put your knees up and bend them Gabi." I follow her instructions, in extreme pain and agony. I know labour is very painful which was why I was planning to have an epidural. Now, I guess I have to do this naturally.

"I see the head Gabi. I'm not sure what to do, but normally in movies when it gets to this point they push, so push!" Every muscle in my body is screaming out at me to do the same thing so with all the strength I can muster, I push.