𝒞𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝚇𝚇𝙸

(Your POV)

(Your POV)

"Hello!" he called out quietly, almost shyly as he stood in the doorframe hesitantly, and you quickly suppressed the adoring smile that wanted to bloom on your lips.

"Hello," you greeted back softly while moving into a sitting position, feeling completely safe now that he was here, now that his presence filled out the room and warmed you.

Considering that he had come back, he hadn't broken his promise to be there for you, and that made you so happy and relieved that all you could do was smiling at him, eyes sparkling with bubbly joy. The sheer overwhelming amount of delight that came from such a small act of kindness like him just visiting you in your room, ripping you out of the boredness, was incredible.

He closed the door behind him and approached you, the elegance in his steps made you watch him in astonishment, your eyes automatically getting drawn to his movements. You looked up again to meet his beautiful eyes that were shining brightly with happiness.

When he arrived at the pallet, he awkwardly stood there, towering over you, not knowing what to do next.

You moved to the side and patted on the space right next to you on the pallet, signaling him that he could sit there. With a thankful expression, he sat down next to you, the mattress dipping with his weight, and began playing with his fingers that were covered by the black gloves.

The whole situation was torturingly awkward, and to release the tension, you voiced the question your mind was urging you to ask.

"Why did you come here?"

He tensed and turned around all of sudden, sadness, and insecurity written in his shining silver eyes.

"You didn't want me to come?"

Your eyes widened in alarm, and you shook your head vigorously. "No! I mean, I'm glad you're here! Please don't leave!" you exclaimed startled, not wanting to be swallowed by the dark pit of loneliness again.

His posture relaxed in relief. "Don't worry, I'll stay," he reassured you with a caring smile. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine now," you answered, wiggling your legs that were hanging over the edge of the pallet but not enough to make your feet touch the ground. "I was just feeling lonely the past few days."

From the corner of your eyes, you saw that he was eyeing you curiously.

"I could come here more often in the next days," he pondered out loud, thoughtfully gazing at the wall opposite to you. "I just wasn't able to come here the past days because of... complications."

Even though the black fabric was covering his facial expression, you were able to sense his anger because of how hard and cold his eyes had become while he was staring into thin air, and you were glad that his rage wasn't directed to you, otherwise, you would have feared for your life. However, the anger in his eyes utterly vanished, and his eyes softened when you started to speak.