𝒞𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝚇𝙻𝙸𝙸

(Your POV)

(Your POV)

On a shelf in the small bathroom, you discovered a brush that Hoseok took before going back to your bedroom. He took in a seating position on your bed while you kept standing with your back turned towards him. Due to his species' genes, he was about two meters tall, making it very strenuous on his body to stand the entire time brushing your hair since he'd have to bow down.

Surprisingly, you almost didn't feel the soft strokes of the brush gliding through your hair, even though your hair had tangled into one huge bird's nest during the entire time you had been imprisoned on the starship. If you hadn't heard the sound of the brush moving through your hair, you wouldn't have believed that he was brushing it at all. While he carefully removed the knots in your hair, you heard him humming happy melodies.

"You know," he said, all of a sudden, "I actually have a sister. I used to brush her hair often when we were younger."

The unexpected remark surprised you and rendered you curious at the same time. But what wondered you most and filled you with a sense of foreboding was the sadness lying heavily on the end of his sentence.

"What happened to her?" you asked apprehensively, not sure if you actually wanted to know the answer.

He sighed sorrowfully, his hand pausing, making you turn around with a compassionate frown. The ache in his eyes was heartbreaking. "My sister was with other rebels on a mission to steal weapons from Minsoo's troops. Her crew was sent out to a dwarf planet that served as storage space for weaponry and standby war spaceships for members of the Alliance. They had neglected patrolling this planet for months, and it would have been so easy... If someone hadn't betrayed us and leaked information about the mission to the Alliance. Namjoon already told you that we suspect at least one traitor within the rebel ranks, right? Unfortunately, we have been yet to uncover the identity of this betrayer. My sister's crew just got caught off guard and overpowered in a matter of seconds. The last thing I heard before losing contact were her desperate cries for help." He swallowed hard. "I immediately took a spacecraft and went there as fast as possible, even though the others warned me and tried to hold me back. But I came too late."

The usually cheerful expression had turned shattered, and you dreaded to hear the end of the story.

"Did you find her? Is she...? Is she..." you hesitantly asked, unable to get out the rest of the sentence.

"Dead?" he asked with bitterness in his voice. "You know what's strange about the whole thing? We didn't find her body. Even though we found the bodies of the other rebels floating in space near the planet, we didn't find hers. All of us searched for her tirelessly through the debris from the fight, but to no avail. That gives me hope, you know?" he said with a sad smile. "Maybe she survived and managed to get out of there. Maybe she's still waiting for me to find her. And I won't give up searching for her, even if it means putting my life in danger."