~Chapter Eight~

Hello my friends. I have returned for my yearly chapter (that's what it feels like anyways) and I hope you are all doing well. Feel free to message me if you wanna have a random convo or if you need to vent. Here ya goooOO!

Third P.O.V

"It's a pleasure to see you again, Keith, Keof and... Lein, was it?" The black paladin came off as a lot more polite and in control than the previous day. After a long night of nervous chatting and planning, the three blades had decided they were simply going to listen to what the paladins had to say, and if their apology was sincere enough and Voltron seemed like it had good intentions, they would recommend the continuation of the alliance.

"What was it your Princess Allura said to us when we greeted her? Something along the lines of... I wish I could say the same?" Lein spat. Sure, it was a low blow, but the Princess of Altea had been insulting to them too.

"I- Yes, that's what we're here to talk about. We, being me and the rest of the paladins, would like to apologise on the Princess' behalf. What she said to you was absolutely uncalled for." Shiro's gaze was piercing and shielded, mirroring Kolivan's eyes that would make Keith squirm. Something about emotionless expressions made Keith uncomfortable, especially from someone who constantly wore them.

"You wanted an alliance with us." Keof began. His posture was a lot more relaxed than previously. "Yet to you, we're the enemy. Explain that."

There was a moment of silence. Shiro's shoulders seemed to drop, and his hard gaze faltered. Instead, it was replaced with a kind, sympathetic look.

"Look, we didn't expect Allura to blow up at you like that. We knew she'd be hesitant to talk with you, but we thought once she got to know you she'd relax a little." Shiro paused, as if expecting a response, but when met with silence, he continued. "We were wrong to think that. We've talked to her, and she's agreed that you aren't the bad guys. We can't promise she'll be completely nice, but we're not going to let her get away with any of that again."

"Then what about all of you? How do we know you're not just doing this so you can stab us in the backs later?" Keith brought up. An alliance should work both ways. Sure, these were meant to be a team of strong leaders who attempted to bring back the peace, but they hadn't lived up to expectations so far.

"We're not on Allura's side with this. What you said was right. We shouldn't be against the galra, we should be against Zarkon's Army. Our intentions are only to take down those who are doing harm to innocent people, not to take down anyone who's galra."  Shiro explained, looking a lot more sincere now.

"Besides, man. We're the defenders of the universe. What kind of people would we be if we attacked people 'cause of their DNA?" Hunk cut in.

Keith glanced over at his friends, to see how they were taking this. Keof looked sceptical, his eyes slightly narrowed, but he had a smile on his face, so Keith assumed Keof was convinced. Lein still had a frown, indicating they didn't quite believe what the paladins were proposing.

No one could tell Keith's thoughts due to his mask being up, but quite honestly, he wasn't sure. He wasn't exactly an unbiased opinion as he was still curious to find out about humans. Besides, the Tales of Voltron had presented Voltron as a weapon to fight evil with, so surely these paladins were good individuals.

"Could you... give us a minute to discuss?" Keof spoke. Shiro nodded, signalling for the paladins to leave the room. They closed the door behind them, and Keith suddenly hoped the doors were sound proof. "So what are we thinking?"