chapter 4

Wade's POV:

I didn't see the hazel eyed boy again that day. Or the next. Or the next.

Aw how cute he misses his crush

How pathetic! He doesn't even know the kid.

"Shut up!" I say out loud. Kids around me turn and stare. I sound crazy. Well I am crazy.

I hurry out of the corridor. People begin to mutter and point at me. I roll my eyes and keep walking. I duck into a nearby empty classroom to collect my thoughts.

At least I thought it was empty.

A shy voice spoke up. "Who are you?" I turn to see the hazel eyed boy staring at me. But not in disgust like the other students. With curiosity.

"I- I'm Wade." I stutter. He signals to the desk next to him. "I'm Peter. Peter Parker." Peter? Cute name. I catch him staring at me.

"See something you like?" He turns a deep red and looks away. I giggle. "Just kidding!" He smiles, but doesn't look back at me.

Ding ding ding.

Shit. My next class is on the other side of the school.

Students file into the classroom, muttering under their breath. I hear one girl whisper, "look at Parker. He's got himself a boy toy." Peter must have heard it too as he seemed to shrink into the seat.

That's my cue to leave.

I get up and make a beeline for the door. I hesitate when I get to there. I look back at the brown haired boy and winked. Once again, his face turned red.

I laughed softly and left the room.

Wilson's got a boyfriend

Shut up. They aren't official

'We aren't anything' I mutter under my breath as I practically run to my next class. Dad is gonna kill me if I get another detention in my first week of school.

Peter's POV:

Wade. That was his name. I thought it would be something more stereotypical for a guy of his...stature. Like Chad or Kyle.

But Wade is nice. Wade is perfect. I zone in and out of class thinking about him. I block out the judgemental stares. For once I don't let them get to me.

The bell rings for the end of the day and I start to pack up. As usual I am the last to leave. I exit the classroom and instantly get consumed by the flow of students rushing for the exit.

For the past few day I have taken the bus to school and back. But today I didn't want to deal with the constant jeers and insults.

I take out my phone and text Pops:

Me: I don't feel like taking the bus home. Can you pick me up please?

Pops: On my way

I let out a sigh of relief as I slide my phone into my back pocket. I was just about to go through the huge doors of Midtown, when I felt a sudden tug on my backpack.

I turn around to see Flash and his goons. Flash had a sly smirk on his face. I roll my eyes and go to turn back around.

"Where do you think you're going Parker?"

"Home, Flash." I snap. I carry on walking but once again get pulled back. This time with more force.

"Oh I don't think so fag." He punches me square in the stomach and I keel over in pain. His goons laugh at my agony as Flash continues to beat me until I am on the floor.

A crowd had gathered, cheering Flash on. All of a sudden I heard a gasp from the crowd, then a thud. I release my hands from my head to see Wade standing above Flash. Who was now on the floor.

"What the fuck!?" Cried Flash. People began to laugh at him. Wade helped me up and whispered in my ear "go."

I dont have to be told twice. Bloodied and aching, I make my way down the steps into the parking lot. Pops was already there. I got in the car, and looked at my saviour through the tinted glass.

I managed to hide my bloodied nose from Pops the entire ride home. I didn't speak at all, in fear of crying. I ran ahead to the elevator, desperate for the safety of my room. I wasn't quick enough.

"Wait for me, Kiddo." I hear from behind me. I feel a strong hand on my shoulder. I wince in pain. "How was school?" He said, completely oblivious.

I shrugged my shoulders and kept looking away. I haven't told them about the bullying yet. Until now Flash hadn't been physical. Scars and bruises are harder to hide than physological pain.

"Peter?"

I can tell my Pops is getting impatient. I want to tell him the truth. I want to tell him. But I'm Spiderman. I am supposed to be tough enough to beat the bad guys without having to get help. Right?

"Peter Ben Rogers-Stark, you look at me right now." I snap my head round and look him in the eyes. All the anger in his face was instantly replaced with worry. "Peter. What happened." He breathed pulling me into a hug.

I start to cry. It starts of as a whimper but soon I am full on crying in the lobby. "I. Can't. Do. This." I say between sobs.

"It's okay. You're okay." He cooed. The elevator doors open and we shuffle inside. Pops presses the button for the penthouse.

"Don't tell dad." I whisper. Pops looks at me as if I was crazy. "Why not Peter." He said calmly. I sniffed, wiping my nose on my hand. "He already thinks I shouldn't be Spider-Man. What will he think when he knows I can't deal with a couple of bullies."

Pops opens his mouth to say something but quickly closes it. He knows I have a point. We reach the pent house. I hold my breath as the doors begin to slide open.

I look at my Pops for support. He smiles warily down at me. "Wish me luck." I say, refering to trying to hide this from Dad. He chuckled lightly as we exitted the elevator.