Chapter 13

Peter's POV:

We decided to go to Wade's room as we didn't want to risk waking Uncle Bruce up again. I jumped onto the bed making myself comfy whilst Wade shut the door and turned the lights off.

He climbed into bed next to me, wrapping his strong arms around my torso. Shivers shot up and down my spine at his touch. I turned carefully in his arms to face him. "Goodnight Wade." I mumble, my eyelids already drooping.

"Good night, Spidey."

What he said didn't register until a few moments later. My eyes widened and my brow got sweaty. 

"What." I whisper, confused. But Wade was already asleep. He looked so peaceful I didn't want to wake him.

I drifted into an uneasy state of sleep, anxious.

----

I woke up to the sound of rustling. I sit up, groggily wiping sleep out of my eyes and stretched my arms. I caught sight of Wade sitting at a desk drawing. He looks up from his pad and smiles at me. I smile back, but my face quickly fell when I realized what he was drawing.

Spiderman.

"How did you know?" I didn't mean to sound so hostile, but I was frustrated with myself. "It wasn't exactly hard to figure out. You would disappear, then an hour later Spiderman would be on the news. Plus whenever I brought it up around your parents they would get all awkward and change the subject." Ah, right. 

I shuffle around looking at the floor. "You could have told me you know. I wouldn't tell. I am pretty used to keeping things to myself." I didn't want to question what he meant. It was clear by the tone of his voice he was upset, I didn't want to make it worse. "I'm sorry. I was going to tell you, I really wanted to. But I didn't know what you would think."

"It's fine. I understand. You want to keep your identity a secret, I get that."

"You do?" I cock my head, like a confused puppy. Wade's face turns bright red and he mutters something under his breath.

Wade's POV:

Shit, shit, shit, SHIT.

I was not supposed to say that. Damn you boxes, putting ideas into my head. Now it was my turn to look at the ground. No way could I tell him I'm Deadpool. He would flip. Since I figured out he was Spider-Man, I have been awaiting the day he figured out who I am. Granted I am more talented at sneaking out than him, with the whole teleporting thing but people still notice when I am gone. 

"Wade," Peter's voice was calm and soothing, making keeping secrets ten times worse. "You can tell me anything. You can trust me." I shake my head. The truth was, I hate being Deadpool. My dad forced me to become him once he realised I had powers. He forced me to kill, to torture, to kidnap innocents for information. I never wanted to be part of this. So I used humour to cover up my hatred for myself. But I couldn't tell Peter that. He would never be able to see past the murder.

Have you even met him. He looks for the good in everything. Of course he will see past that.

I know you don't listen to us often, but seriously. You should tell him. What's the worst that could happen.

"He could kick me out." For the second time in the space of a couple of minutes I mentally slap myself. 

"Why would I kick you out. What's going on Wade?"

I take a deep breath before looking at him in his beautiful hazel eyes. "I am Deadpool."

His jaw drops open, and for a second I thought I saw a terrified look in his eyes. He backed up a little. "The mercenary?"

"The one and only." Now is not the time for humour Wade. Seriously what is wrong with you. Peter turns and makes his way to the door. "Please I can explain. Don't leave." He ignores me, slamming the door shut behind him.

Well that was unexpected.

I am never listening to you again.