chapter 9

Wade's thoughts:

Wow this is so cool! We are in the avengers tower!

Shut it. I am trying to think

Wow you thinking. That's a rare sight.

I know because you two keep interrupting. Now shut up. I trying not to have a breakdown here.

Don't be nervous. It's not like you are confessing your love for him. Just handing him some school shit. That's all.

Well unless you get nervous. You tend to blab when you get nervous.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Don't listen to that idiot. They don't have any idea what they are talking about. Just be yourself and you'll be fine. 

Ok. We are almost there. So I would appreciate it neither of you spoke. It's very distracting.

How rude! Did you hear that he called us distracting.

There are worse things to call you.

Look stop arguing with yourself and take a deep breath.

Why?

You're here.

Third person POV:

Peter sprinted up the stairs and into his room. He dived into the bathroom, desperately trying to fix his hair. He then threw on a blue hoodie to hide his creased pajama shirt. He didn't have time to get properly changed. 

Just as Peter was fixing the bed there was a knock at the door. The boy froze. 'Shit. Shit. Shit.' he thought as he slowly made his way over to the door.

The door opened to reveal Wade standing awkwardly in the hallway, scratching the back of his neck. "Hi." He whispered. His voice was sweet and soft, making Peter weak at the knees. Peter gestured for him to enter and the two teens went into the room, shutting the door behind them.

They sat in silence for a moment. Wade cleared his throat and handed Peter a bag. "I thought I should bring you your catch up work. You have been gone a while." Peter's eyes widened at the blonde's gesture. He hesitantly took the bag, opening it to reveal multiple text books stuffed with hand written notes. Peter smiled, trying his best not to blush.

"Thank you." He said quietly. He looked up to see that the blonde was staring at him. The blonde quickly looked away, embarrassed he was caught.

"What?" Peter asked innocently, making Wade chuckle. His laugh was like music to Peter.

"Nothing. You have really pretty eyes." Wade mentally facepalmed himself. 'What a stupid thing to say. Now he's gonna know for sure.'

"So do you." Peter said reaching up to Wade's face, resting his palm on the taller boy's cheek. The pair blushed and almost instantly parted, sitting a fair few feet away from each other. 

They sat like that for a while. Every once in a while one of them would look at the other fondly, wishing they could just blurt out all their feelings. Eventually Wade's phone started to ring. Peter sighed, internally screaming at himself, and watched as Wade started to pace up and down the room.

He was waving his arms around, almost yelling at who Peter could only assume was Wade's father. The conversation ended when Wade spat in a venomous tone, "I hate you."

Peter was shocked and slightly scared at the outburst. Wade sat himself back on the bed, tears brimming in his eyes. Peter pushed away any sense of fear he was feeling, scooted closer and hugged him. As soon as Peter's arm touched Wade, he broke down.

Peter cooed and cuddled him, trying to get him calmed down. Nothing was working. So Peter, being the lovesick fool he was titled Wade's head down to him and planted a kiss on his cheek.

Well he would have if Wade hadn't turned round.