Chapter 4

Sofia's plan was to go and stay in her room until it was time for dinner, but just as she was about to enter she was rudely snatched away by none other than the brother in the bedroom next to her.

"Rocco? What do you want?!"

"Aww don't be like that Sof, I just wanna hang out!"

She rolled her eyes and glanced around his room as confusion settled in.

"How did you tidy up so fast?"

He grinned, "Don't tell anyone, but I'm secretly the Flash."

A few seconds passed as there was only an awkward silence with Sofia staring blankly at the now red-faced Rocco.

"I stuffed all the clothes into the back my closet and the rest of the stuff under the bed."

"...Thank you for your honesty."

And with that Rocco decided to change the subject to something else.

"Hey Sof, wanna watch a movie?"

"I'd prefer to return to my room, thanks."

The boy frowned, "what about our quality sibling time together?"

Sofia blinked, "I remember making no such promises."

"Come on! It'll be fun!"

Her gut told her that Rocco would not let her go until he got what he wanted, so she nodded with the feeling of defeat washing over her. Meanwhile, the brother beamed and dragged her to sit on his bed before turning on netflix.

Rocco grinned. This was gonna be hilarious. He clicked on the horror category and scrolled to find a gory movie to scare the living daylights out of his sister. After deciding on The Conjuring, he turned to face Sofia, expecting some sort of reaction out of her.

"What do ya think?"

"Looks cool." Sofia really didn't care.

Maybe she was just good at hiding her fear, was his initial thought.

"You sure you want to watch a horror film?"

"I don't mind."

He became distressed, the plan was not working. Pressing play, he waited for her to scream or jump into his arms once it became scarier. However that, and his image of being a dependable, cool, older brother went down the drain very quickly.

Half way through the film and still no reaction apart from 'ew her face' from Sofia, Rocco had realised he had just made a massive idiot out of himself.

"Oh my god! Is it over? SOF, IS IT OVER YET?!" The brother could not bring himself to look at the TV, and hid his face behind a pillow he grabbed.

"Calm down, and yes it's switched scenes now."

He peeked from his pillow to find she was right, before letting out a shrill scream at a jumpscare which had randomly appeared.

It was a bad, bad idea to watch this. 

"Why did you pause the film? I wanna see what happens next."

"Wow would you look at the time! It's almost time for dinner Sof, let's go!"

Sofia thought about teasing him for using dinner as an excuse to stop watching the movie, then changed her mind as she let Rocco drag her downstairs. When they entered the dining room she noticed Luca, Marco and Dante were already seated on one side of the table.

On the other was a man as tall as the twins, with fair hair like Luca and sky blue eyes like Dante. He had dark circles and looked quite exhausted, but immediately perked up at seeing her.