Chapter 10: The Party

"Gosh, I really don't want to do this tonight." I sighed as I finished putting waves into my hair and began my makeup.

"It's not that bad." Shoto reasoned as he adjusted his suit next to me in front of the mirror.

"Shoto. You don't have to spend 2 hours just to tame your hair. Not to mention deal with all of this without even being able to lean over." I groaned and I put my hand over my baby girl as I felt her kick. "Not that Mommy doesn't love being with you, sweetheart." I added.

"Point taken." He raised his hands in defense. "Besides, I need to go home and help Momo set everything up with the babysitter. Let me know if you need anything else."

"Tell Momo thanks again for the dress for me!" I called after him.

"Will do! Oh, hey. Yeah, she's in the back."

"Hey Shoto, who's there?"

"Who else?" Katsuki said as he poked his head in and smiled as he admired me. "Dang. Why do I have to share you tonight again?" He said as he put his arms around my waist while I began to put on the finishing touches to my makeup. 

"Because it's for business." I said softly as I pulled him down so I could kiss his nose, which was marked by my sparkly light pink lip gloss. "Whoops. You're gonna have to wipe that off. And did you pop a zit or something?" I asked in concern as I noticed the big red mark on his cheek.

"Nah, a villain scraped me pretty good." He said in mild embarrassment. 

"Lean over for a second." I insisted as I pulled out my foundation, and soon enough, the scratch was gone. "Better?"

"Not bad. Thanks." He said as he stood up and got a better look in the mirror. "I was honestly not looking forward to getting lectured by Endeavor on getting hurt. Anyway, you almost ready?"

I nodded as I put my gloss in my purse. "One more minute."

"All right then, I'll go and get⁠—"

"Katsuki-kun, wait a minute." I said quickly as I grabbed his hand.

"Hm? You all right?"

I shook my head furiously. 

"Katsuki-kun, I haven't made a public appearance since my bump started showing. I'm just—just a bit nervous." I said as I felt my daughter kick again.

Katsuki sighed as he squeezed my hand and kissed my forehead. "No need. I'll be there with you every second. All right?"

I nodded as I hugged him and he laughed.

"I felt that kick!" He snickered as he put his hand on the baby bump. "You might not even need me Hotaru, our little girl is overprotective!"

"Pffft." I snorted. "That, or she's going to need anger management help like her daddy."

"Aw, don't curse her with that. I bet you she's just feisty like her mama." 

"That is also a viable option. Now, what do you think?" I said as I twirled around in the black and white rose dress. "Momo used this while she was pregnant and let me borrow it."

"You look great." He reassured me as we went out to the car. 

"As do you. Maybe I need to keep you close just to protect you from your fanclub." I grinned as I fixed his black tie with pale rose accents. I couldn't help but smile at that: he had picked it to match the pink jewelry I was wearing. 

He definitely is the son of a man who works in fashion. 

"Gosh, don't remind me." He shuddered. "I'd almost rather face All for One again than deal with that. They scare the living crap out of me."