Chapter 2: Backstage

"Finally." I sighed as I entered my dressing room and quickly ducked out of the white shimmering dress into my favorite black jeans, blue shirt, and leather jacket.

"Now there's my girl." I heard a voice and felt a set of arms encircle my waist.

"You know, you used to knock." I muttered as I kissed his cheek. "Revenge," I added as he grimaced at the dark lipstick mark on his cheek I left behind. "Have to mark my territory."

"Give me that." Katsuki said with a sigh as he grabbed one of my makeup-remover wipes to take off the lipstick stain. "You almost ready to go to hang out with the dorks?"

"If you mean our friends, then yes. Now get, before someone sees you, Explosion King."

"As you say," he whispered as he leaned over to my ear. "My queen."

"Flattery will get you nowhere!" I laughed as I pretended to whack him with my towel. 

"It got me this far, didn't it?" He smirked as he shut the door, and I shook my head with a smile.

He hadn't changed a bit in 5 years, that was for certain.

I felt like a teenager again as I met him out in the back of the arena to have him run up, grab my hand, and drag me towards the parking lot.

"That...that was amazing." I said with a sigh. "I can't believe we've already gotten this far. Not to mention you need to stop being so competitive with Izuku."

"Aw, c'mon, you know as well as Round Cheeks that we only do that for show baby." Katsuki said as we drove off.

"Katsuki, where are you taking me?" I said as we drove outside of the city. "Restaurant is the opposite direction."

"We don't have to be there for another hour. I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Anything. What's on your mind?" I asked as we headed out towards the forest.

"I know you were afraid we couldn't make this work. But look at us: we did. Which is why I wanted to ask you about your thoughts on...marriage."

"Can't say I haven't thought about it." I shrugged. "And we have far exceeded our own expectations, and...if anything, I still feel like we have a lot we can learn together. It won't be easy but—what do you think? We still on the same page about the whole thing?"

"I think I agree." He said as he turned off to an overlook and parked the car. "I've learned more from you than pretty much any person in my entire life. And I want to spend every second with you, and our plans for marriage seem to fit in perfectly. Now follow me, I have another surprise for you."

"All right then," I said as he opened the car door for me. Now what's this big—"

I was silenced as he stood behind me, lifting my face up to the sky as it was lit up by tens of shooting stars that lit up the entire sky.

"Katsuki—" I turned to hug him as we continued staring at the stars. "You're such a romantic." I teased.

"Well, I did learn from the best." He snorted as I let him go to look back up at the heavens.

"It's so beautiful. I could stay out here for years with you, watching the stars."

"Then why don't you?"

I turned and gasped in shock.

"Todoroki Hotaru...my Frost Demon. What would you say to staying by my side to watch the stars for forever?" He asked as he stood on one knee, a ring in his hand.