Chapter 15

I am so sick of my marriage. I am, that I wake up with no purpose and no smile on my face. It's like I am dead on the inside. I remember being in my twenties, so positive and enthusiastic about everything. The sky was really the limit for me and it still is but I just seem to have lost my purpose. Being trapped in my loveless marriage, makes me lose myself every day. Yesterday at the beach, I was thinking about everything and nothing and most importantly, the fastest way to get myself out of my marriage. And here I was in my office, lost in my thoughts again.

I started feeling pain in my lower abdomen. The doctor told me it's normal during the second trimester of pregnancy but it doesn't make the pain any less. I decided to go home so I lie down because it's not getting better even after half an hour. It was midday and Laura had gone to see her mother so I will be home all alone and I liked the idea. I parked my car in the driveway, didn't have time to put it in the garage.
The house was quiet in a way that I liked so I headed up to my room. As I walked past Evan's room, which used to be our room, the door opened and Evan came out.

He was shirtless and he froze the moment he saw me. "Liz, you are home?" he said and he looked shocked like I don't live here. Something was up with him and I had no idea what. "Whose home?" a female voice came from inside the room and my face changed instantly. Suzanne appeared by the door, wearing Evan's shirt and she had shock written all over her face as well. I had no idea what to do or say. He brought her to my house and into my bed. The bed that he and I shared not too many months ago.

I didn't even realize I was crying until I see a tear falling. "I want both of you out of my house. You couldn't even wait till I move out? You have got to be kidding me! Nothing is stopping me from divorcing you right now. Absolutely nothing Evan!" I shouted as I threw my handbag at him with every strength I had in me. Of course, he caught it. I walked away from them towards my room but not before I told them to get the hell outta my house. I went into my room and removed my shoes. I was ready to lie down but I wasn't going to let this go.

I am not going to keep crying about things and let them go anymore, it's what I have done up to now and it made Evan bring that b*tch to my house and into my bed. I went to the garage, took some gasoline and a lighter, and went into the room I found them. They were inside getting dressed and I ignored them and took all the sheets from the bed, put them on the carpet, and set them on fire. I watched them burn for a while and decided to pour gasoline on the bed as well. I wanted to burn the bed as well, or maybe the whole room, I wasn't even thinking at the moment. Evan took the gasoline bottle from me, and asked, "What is going on with you Liz. You want to burn the whole house?"

"Only if you and your girlfriend are to die in that fire. This is my bed, Evan. Even if we don't sleep in it together anymore it doesn't give you the right to bring another woman into it. What the hell is wrong with you? I am burning the bed and if you want it, you can get it out of my house, just know it's not staying in my house." I said taking the gasoline from him and continuing my work. Evan went out and came back with a fire extinguisher but that didn't stop me, I still set the damn bed on fire which he put out after a minute or two.

It felt good until I realized Suzanne was still here. "What the hell are you still doing in my house?" I asked her. She didn't reply she just smiled. I felt like she was mocking me. "If you ever get married, I hope the same things happen to you. So you know how it feels." I continued. If I wasn't pregnant, I would have beaten the crap out of her even though she wasn't worth it.

"Evan, can we leave now?" Suzanne asked sounding impatient. Oh, you have got to be kidding me right now. Who the heck was she and who did I ever wrong for her to show on my doorstep. I looked at them, waiting for what Evan's reply was going to be. "No Suzanne, you go ahead. I have something to do here," he said. Suzanne left immediately after that and the sound of her heels clicking on the floor was making my headache worse. "Why didn't you go with her. I would have gladly packed you a suitcase." I said. He looked at me and shook his head while putting the fire extinguisher down. "And leave you to burn the whole house down? Not a chance! Should you even be using gasoline while pregnant?" he asked.