Chapter 34: Epilogue

Erastus's POV

It has now been two years that Liz and I have been together. Two long years and I still feel like we are not getting anywhere, it's like we are stuck. We fought now and then, but we always work things out. By working things out, I mean agreeing with Liz or supporting and respecting her decisions and wishes because I don't want to push her into something she doesn't want to do or because I know I can never win with her. I love her so much that her happiness comes first, especially after her first marriage. Our arguments are always about the same thing; marriage.

I want to make us official, you know, put a ring on it, but she doesn't want to get married. She believes that it's going to fail just like her first one. One thing about Liz is, once she has made up her mind, she doesn't go back on her words and no one can convince her. So now I guess we are going to be boyfriend and girlfriend even in our fifties which I have to admit would be weird.

She doing well in her corporate world, being the CEO of the company and owning 40% of the shares of Capricorn London is impressive, I have to admit. Jack got married the previous year and it was a happy occasion. They made it very intimate, only family and a few friends, and everyone was happy. That was when Mark took it upon himself to put me on the spot in front of everyone and ask when I am going to marry his sister. Before I could answer, my very fiery and feisty Liz decided to tell everyone present that she is not going to marry me.

That was the day the story of my most embarrassing moment changed from my mom bringing my lunch at basketball practice when I was a sophomore in High school to being rejected by your girlfriend in public, who mind you, you didn't even ask to marry you in the first place.

From then on, the marriage conversation always ends up in either one of us exiting the room with the conversation unfinished. I am driving back from the airport after dropping of Liz. She has a business meeting with some investors or something in New York, then she will go see her family. Looks like I got the house to myself all week and I might as well take advantage and have the guys over.

Liz's POV

I just got out of a meeting with Mr. Alexander, CEO of Xander Transport Inc. about having them as the distributor of our products all around America. The meeting didn't go so well.

"Good day Ms. Meeting go well, I assume?" Leonard asked when I got to the car. Leonard is my driver, perks of being CEO I guess.

"Hello Leo, it didn't go so well, but tomorrow is another day," I said.

"Where to Ms?" he asked.

"Downtown Manhattan. I am going home. You got the rest of the day as well as the next two days. We will meet at the airport in two days." I said.

He dropped me off at our house and drove off. I went into the house but mom wasn't home. My family doesn't know that I am in New York so this is already a sign of a surprise visit going wrong. I could hear music coming from upstairs, so I followed.

"Mark?!" I shouted over the music.

"Hey, little one. I didn't know you were coming to New York?" he said.

"Surprise!" I said hugging him.

"Damn, you look good. Why the formal outfit?" he asked.

"I am coming from Xander Inc. where I had a meeting with the CEO," I said.

"Right Ms. CEO, how can I forget. Did it go well?" he asked.

"No. Their proposal benefited them way too much, which would cost us too much. I spent yesterday and today trying to negotiate with the CEO to change the percentages but he wouldn't bulge. I guess he thought I was going to give in if he decides to be stubborn, but one thing he should've known is that I am way more stubborn than he is. Plus I am not desperate." I explained.