Chapter 19

Liz's POV

I left my house with zero ideas of how I dared to confront Evan about all of that. I feel good. I think relieved is the exact feeling I am feeling right now. I am tired of being pushed into the corner, tired of running away from my problems, crying about them. Evan has done enough damage to my life, but no more. I will no longer shed tears over him or anything related to him. I am taking over my life and everything else be damn. My brother always tells me to live by his motto. "When something bad happens, you just say f*ck it and go wherever life takes you." Not a good motto, but since my plan for my life are at a dead end right now, I am considering it.

I have booked a plane ticket to NY on Tuesday. I just want my mother right now. I am the last born, and at this age, I am still a mommy's girl. After she heard what happened, she wanted to come here but I decided that a change of scenery would do me some good. It has been a while since I last been home and seen my siblings and just been home. I parked my car and headed into the house, bag in one hand and ice-cream it the other hand that I bought on my way home. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't hear Erastus call me many times. "Hello! I am over here. You okay?" he said and that was when I snapped out of it.

"Oh yeah, I am good. Sorry about that." I replied putting my bag down and sitting down to finish my ice-cream.

"Where did you go? I came here and the place was empty," he asked.

"I went to my house to grab a few things I am going home on Tuesday remember?" I told him.

"If you would have told me, I would have come with you." he offered.

"It's okay really. It's about time I learned to handle my problems on my own. I am okay, I found my dear husband at home, drinking and telling his best friend that Suzanne went back to be with her husband. So I think he is doing great." I said.

Erastus laughed. "Wait, Suzanne is married, yet she came here and ruined your marriage just to go back with her husband. That's mean. Did you ever wrong her, because that sounds like revenge." he said laughing.

"The first time I saw her was when she showed up at my doorstep, so if she was taking revenge, it wasn't on me," I said shrugging. I don't even know why we're talking about Suzanne. "Anyway, where is Rose?" I said changing the topic.

"She is at home, we went to see her parents last night, and lucky enough I didn't have to walk out on them for the second time. We set the wedding date," he said. Hearing that made me happy. My marriage was a bust, but I am still pro weddings. Every couple has their own story so I know my best friend's fate is better than mine. "So when is it?" I asked anxiously. "A year from now. Rose wants to have her wedding, I mean our wedding in the fall," he said with a smirk. Erastus is never serious about anything in his life, and that's why he says I am too serious. He almost said Rose's wedding as if he isn't the one marrying.

"That's great. I can't wait. Katie's wedding is in a month now and I am the maid of honor, so this is going to a busy month." I said. I was happy for my friends. I was happy because this whole month I get to bury myself into work and final wedding plans and that way I think less about my problems. "I know, I am one of Jason's groomsmen as well, no idea how or why, it's not like we are that close," he said. I looked up to look at him shrugging. Even I didn't know how or why. Jason is a good person, we have gone out with him a couple of times and that's probably when he decided to make Erastus one of his groomsmen. From what Katie told me, his groomsmen are just five, which is quite surprising especially when Katie has ten bridesmaids excluding me. Does Jason not have friends or he is that way?

"Liz, you are the only family I have left. My parents are gone and you know my sister, it's just me left now, so do voice in your opinion in my wedding plans, because I barely know anything about weddings," he said.
"Was that your way of asking for me to help out in the wedding planning? I gladly accept." I said smiling. I didn't know I would be this excited about planning my annoying yet amazing friend's wedding,
His words, not mine.