Chapter 28

Liz's POV

The following day I woke up around 8 in the morning. I didn't put an alarm, so I slept till late. The wedding is taking place around ten and I either have to be super early or fashionably late, which it looks like late will do today. I went to the kitchen and made some coffee when the doorbell rang. I tied my robe well and went to open the door. My brothers were outside and I immediately let them inside.

"You guys ready yet? And where is the groom? We got less than two hours to till showtime." Paul asked.

"Showtime?" I scoffed before continuing, "Well, I didn't see Erastus, and I just woke up. I am not ready yet because I only need thirty minutes to get ready." I told them.

"Morning little one." Mark greeted kissing me on the cheek.

"Morning. I was making coffee, you guys want some?" I offered.

"Sure, we would like some. You go make coffee, I will go wake him up. Which room is it?" Jack asked.

"Third on your right," I said heading to the kitchen with Mark and Paul right behind me.

"So, poor guy doesn't even sleep in the master bedroom in his own house?" Paul asked.

"No, this is my house now." I joked and at the same time, Erastus and Jack walked in.

"Can you make a very strong coffee Liz? My guy here looks like sh*t" Jack said.

"I think we can all see that he doesn't look good, question is what happened?" Mark asked.

"Liz, what did you do?" Paul asked.

"Why the hell are you asking me? I went to bed after you guys left." I defended myself.

"Guys, can you all just keep it down? Liz, it is your fault." Erastus said taking the cup of coffee from me.

My brothers all looked in my direction and I shrugged. I didn't know what Erastus was referring to either.

"So I couldn't sleep last night, I had a headache so I came to the kitchen to find some painkillers but I drank sleeping pills by accident. Why do you even have them, Liz?" Erastus asked.

"Oh my, I am sorry. Didn't you read first?" I asked.

"No. I keep my painkillers in that drawer so I didn't even know that you added some of your own," he said.

"Shoot. I am sorry. I have had trouble sleeping sometimes since last year when I was going through a divorce and I keep them with me wherever I go just in case. Please don't look at me like that, you all have no idea how it feels to go through so much sh*t." I said in defense.

No one said a thing after that, we all exchanged stares and drank our coffee.

"Gentlemen, I think we need to start getting ready. So do you Liz." Paul said.

"Uhmm, you guys go ahead, I am going to meet you guys at the reception," I said.

"No way. Why are you not going to attend? Get ready, you are a bridesmaid after all." Mark said.

"I am not. I don't even have the dress, so you guys go ahead." I told them.

"Whatever," Jack said leaving. The other guys followed one by one, and Erastus was the last to leave. He stared at me, shook his head, and walked out. I didn't know what that look was all about, but I seriously just didn't feel like attending the wedding, I don't know why. I went into my room and looked through my closet for a suitable navy blue dress. I left a lot of my clothes here since I only took two pieces of luggage with me to London. I found two, so the only thing I needed to do was to pick one. I wanted to wear navy blue because it's the color that the groom and the groomsmen are wearing. I don't belong to the bride's side, not with that excuse of a dress she tried to make me wear anyway. I put on a swimsuit and decided to go for a swim.