M.S.S.L 3

003

I continued shoveling the dirt as I kept eyeing T-bag who was intensely watching me "What did Pope want?" Scofield asked I broke my concentration with T-bag and the shovel.

I shrugged "He wanted to know how I was holding up." I stated, yeah at like 8 in the morning.

Michael nodded "What's up with t-bag and the pocket thingy?" I questioned gesturing in t-bags direction "It makes him feel like he has power of some sort." Micheal replied quickly eyeing t-bag.

"So he makes you into his little bitch?"I commented, I would be surprised if Michael told me the inmates where nothing like the cops who keep this place guarded.

But that wasn't the case, there's just as dirty, the only differences is that they wear a badge.

I glanced around taking in the big fence and the guard towers they were almost in every direction there was no blind spot from what I could see from were I was standing.

There were eyes everywhere.

"Basically." Michael added tossing dirt to the side "what happened back at the cafeteria?" Shit.

I wasn't going to tell him I honestly felt a bit offended that he asked even though I knew it was a rather innocent question.

'basically' none-of-anything that should concern him.

"What are you talking about?" I asked acting oblivious.

He stopped shoveling and turn to face me as if he was trying to read me I stopped shoveling as well wiping a beam of sweat off my forehead.

"Look, it's nothing." I blurted.

"Who is Abruzzi to you?" I'm gonna take a not-so wild guess and say that whatever history that we had going on was not hard to see after the way I looked at him.

"why do you care?" I questioned watching Michael expression, the heat made his cheeks turn a bright shade of red.

"Because I saw the way you got scared when after you noticed him."

"I didn't get scared." I reassured Micheal lowering my gaze to the pile of dirt that have yet to be shoveled completely.

Fear was the lasting thing I felt at times I wished I felt fear instead of have an Instant reaction to want to murder him.

Does that make me a bad person?

What does Micheal even know my bet is that he doesn't even care, that he's somehow trying to dig up dirty so he cause have fun taunting me with it later.

I felt someone eyes burning into my head, I glanced up locking eyes with the one and only.

Abruzzi.

If contempt could kill Abruzzi would drop dead.

He was walking with his gang of inmates the way he was strolling back into the building was pathetic as if he thought of everyone around him was less then himself, acting as if no one could ever touch a hair on his precious head.

I Scoffed under my breath Michael caught on and glanced over his shoulder at Abruzzi.

"Michael," I called bringing his attention back over to me "don't pry." Michaels lowered his gaze letting his eyes met my jaded ones.

Maybe, he's one of the good ones... Somehow he seemed different from everyone else more aware than he should be.

It's a small trait that I noticed about him.

"Scofield, Lean I don't suppose those wholes will dig its self! If I have to call on you both one more time you lose your yard privilege!" One of the guards shouted.