Second year- Part 2

March 3rd 1973:

"But I don't understand," I say, furrowing my brow. "Avery and Mulciber want to be death eaters. Why would you want to be friends with them?"

Sev considers this for a moment as we continue walking down the hallway on our way to Transfiguration.

"They're nice," he finally settles for, and I raise an eyebrow at him.

I am about to question him further, when someone pushes past us, knocking our books to the floor. I don't even have to look at who it is to know that it is James. Arrogant toerag.

"Hey!" Sev shouts indignantly.

"What?" James asks innocently, as if he doesn't know. He's so infuriating sometimes. 

Ok, I take it back. All the time. 

"Stop it, Sev. He's not worth it," I say, bending down to pick up the books that lay scattered on the floor. 

James just smirks.

*****************************************************************************

May 18th 1973:

"Has he ever even washed his hair?" Mary scoffs, stuffing another chocolate frog into her mouth. 

"That's mean Mary," Alice says. "If Lily likes him, then we shouldn't judge him based on his lack of shampoo!"

I swat her with a pillow, giggling. 

"You guys," I groan, hiding my face in my pillow. "You always do this!"

"It's our job!" Alice says brightly. "We must assess whether your friends are good enough for you!"

"Then shouldn't I assess you too?" Mary asks Alice.

Alice considers this for a moment. "Huh, I didn't think about that."

"But seriously, Lily," Mary asks, turning to face me. "What do you see in him?"

"He's kind. Sweet. Loyal," I answer immediately, not even having to think about it. 

Mary nods, seeming unconvinced. All my friends don't have to get along... right?

*****************************************************************************

June 5th 1973:

"What's with the long face?" Sev asks me as we meet up in the courtyard. 

"My tummy hurts," I complain.

"Try going to the toilet," Sev suggests. "That seems to work for me sometimes."

"Gross, Sev. But I'll try it I guess," I say, slipping into the nearest bathroom. 

Ten minutes later, Alice comes in, bearing sanitary products. 

"My little Lily is all grown up," she coos, and I glare at her. 

"Shut up and give me the pad Al," I groan, as a new wave of pain overtakes me. 

She chuckles and hands me the pink square, retreating outside the bathroom to give me some extra privacy. Why are pads so noisy when you rip the wrapper away?

Finally, I emerge from the bathroom, to find a beaming Alice and an uncomfortable looking Sev. I blush, and Alice quickly takes my arm, pulling me away towards the Gryffindor common room. I look back at Sev one last time. 

He smiles at me. 

A/N: Hi! Thanks you RashiM9 for suggesting that I include some puberty related content... so I added Lily's first period! I'd imagine Snape and Lily would probably find it quite awkward, but would move past it. What do you think of this chapter?

Lots of love

Saf xx