Fourth year- Part 1

24th December 1974:

"What's this?" Sev calls, holding up an envelope curiously.

"Where did you find that?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

"In here," Sev says, motioning to Petunia's wardrobe.

We are at home for the Christmas holidays, and Sev and I are in my bedroom that I share with Petunia. I asked Sev to find me a pen from my wardrobe, but he must have gone into Petunia's instead. 

"Sev, that's Petunia's!" I whisper, hoping that she doesn't come back in here anytime soon.

"What is it?" he asks, seeming unfazed by the fact that he's snooping in her private possessions. 

"Put it back, Sev," I command as I turn to my wardrobe, hunting for a pen. 

When I turn back around, Sev has taken the letter out and is reading it, his eyes wide. 

"Sev!" I whisper. "Petunia will be back any moment!"

"Lily, this is from Dumbledore," Sev says, looking up at me curiously.

What? Why would Dumbledore be writing to my sister? I sit next to Sev, curiosity getting the better of me. I take the letter from him, digesting its words. 

"Dumbledore rejected her from Hogwarts?" Sev asks incredulously, voicing my very thoughts. 

"It seems like it..." I trail off. "I'll speak to her about it," I say decisively.

*****************************************************************************

"Freak," she says, snatching the letter back from me. "How dare you go through my stuff?!"

I don't tell her it was Sev who found it. She already doesn't like him as it is. 

"Tunie," I say, calling her the name I used to call her when we were younger. 

Before I found out that I was a witch.

"I don't want to fight with you anymore," I say quietly. "Can we move past all of this?" 

That is my offer to not push the matter of the letter, and pretend that it never existed. 

Petunia walks away. 

I groan, frustrated. I didn't get any answers from her, but maybe I would from Dumbledore. 

*****************************************************************************

5th February 1975:

"But why, Sev?" I ask, a bit exasperated now.

He shrugs again. "They're fascinating," he says finally. 

"What's fascinating about learning the ways of you-know-who?"

He pauses. "It's not just about that," he says quietly. 

"But it is, isn't it?" I reply. "You know that Mulciber and Avery want to become Death Eaters. Do you?" I ask, hoping that he'll say no. 

We've never talked about this much before, and it is uncomfortable. 

Sev doesn't answer the question. 

A/N: Hi! I've found that writing this story is easier than the others, as the chapters are more manageable to write! What do you think of this chapter?

Lots of love

Saf xx