iv. Totoro

2020

2020

OVER MANY HOURS and several cups of tea, Jimin filled Alice in on everything that happened on the tour. And by everything, it was everything. From his embarassing dressing room moments to the landmarks he saw, he told her everything. He had talked and talked until the sun had already set.

A smile was always on his face, because talking about each situation let him relive it in his mind once again. Alice was glad he was smiling and she was excited to listen to all of his crazy stories, especially because they hadn't talked for a while.

The reason for that was more simple than assumed, Jimin's phone was completely broken and there was no way of contacting each other. The only time they would talk was when Jimin would take Jungkook's phone when he was calling her to chat for a bit. Otherwise, Alice only knew what he was doing if she checked Twitter to see what his fans were saying, which she rarely did.

"Can we watch a movie?" Jimin asked before drinking the rest of his tea in one sip.

"Okay, what movie?" Alice's eyebrows perked in excitement as she hoped Jimin would catch on and use telepathy to know what movie she wanted to watch.

"Hmm, let me think, what movie should we watch?" Jimin caught on and decided to play along, dramatically putting his finger on his chin as if he were thinking.

"I'm just going to put it in the DVD player already," Alice rolled her eyes at his actions and stood up. Jimin giggled and clapped his hands together in excitement.

Their favorite movie to watch since middle school was My Neighbor Totoro, and despite the entire movie being in Japanese, it didn't stop them. The subtitles were easy to read anyways. They used to watch the movie on rainy days, when Jimin would hang out at her house every week. Even if they would watch it repeatedly, they never grew tired of it. It was the movie that introduced Alice into her fondness of film and animation as each scene had her mesmerized by its screenplay and the detailed direction. She began to watch many different animated movies, Jimin watching them along with her. It was their go-to movie for any day they felt like doing nothing. They felt like doing nothing quite often.

Jimin and Alice hopped onto the couch as the movie started. The atmosphere made them feel like they were in high school again, coming home after school and turning on this movie.

Simpler times, Alice thought.

Her worries were still in the back of her mind even though she practically spent the day with Jimin. Just being inside that house reminded her that she won't be able to be there for much longer. And with Jimin being there, she worried about how she was going to tell him. She couldn't just bring it up in casual conversation.