xxiv. Netflix & Wine

"WHAT DO YOU mean it only has one bed?" Jimin gawked at the hotel receptionist

"Sir, it's the holiday. All of the other twin bed suite rooms are full, this is the only room available," the old receptionist replied monotonously. "Take it or leave it," the lady added bitterly.

"Fine," Jimin scoffed and held his hand out, the lady grabbing the credit card in between his fingers. He glanced over at Alice, whose eyes were closed as she sat on the couch in the waiting area, peacefully.

She's not going to be happy about this, he thought before continuing with the process.

The hotel was really gorgeous, a chandelier hanging in the middle of the room, enchanting the room with a mellow gold color. There were other people checking in, which was reasonable due to the holiday weekend. Jimin was just lucky to even get a room that easily, considering he was getting a suite and was paying quite some money.

"Alice," Jimin whispered and nudged her knee with his, before grabbing onto both of their bags. Her eyes fluttered open as her eyes adjusted to her surroundings. "Come on, I got the room," he said. "It has a balcony," he excitedly told her, trying to lighten the mood before she walked inside and only saw one bed.

"Okay," she yawned and stood up. "Let me carry-"

"No," Jimin pulled her bag away from her reach before starting to walk toward the elevators. She rolled her eyes in response and just followed him.

They had eventually reached their room on the 23rd floor, a suite. Jimin clenched his jaw anxiously as he unlocked the door, and they walked inside.

"Wow, it's so nice," Alice blinked as she took off her shoes. She'd never stayed in such a nice hotel room before, considering she didn't leave the country often because, well, she didn't really have the money.

"Is it?" Jimin swallowed as he walked in, gently placing their bags onto the small dining table. He watched as she continued to walk around the main living room, before opening the door to the bedroom.

"Jimin?" She called his name.

"Yes?" Jimin squinted as he anticipated her response.

"There's only one bed," she raised her eyebrows and walked back into the main room, looking at Jimin confusedly.

"Yeah," he licked his lips. "This was kind of the only room they had..." he mumbled. "I tried to talk to the receptionist but she was kind of stubborn..."

"That's okay," she shrugged. Jimin raised his eyebrows at her, shocked. He thought she would've thrown a fit, as that was something Alice would do.

"I'll take the couch," Alice simply stated before walking to her bag, starting to unpack.

"Wait, what?" Jimin walked to her. "No, you should take the bed. I'll take the couch."

"Why? You're paying for this trip, it's only fair you get the bed."