xxiii. Elsewhere

IT'S AN UNDERSTATEMENT to say that Alice wasn't focused during class that day

IT'S AN UNDERSTATEMENT to say that Alice wasn't focused during class that day. Her mind had completely been somewhere else, that elsewhere being Park Jimin, along with the events of the night before.

She was unsure as to why she was thinking about him so much. Surely he had only comforted her when she was in a state of panic- it's nothing to stay lingering in one's mind the next day. She knew that. But, it was rather how he comforted her.

How he held her tightly in his arms, how he gently stroked her hair, how he pressed his lips against her forehead.

They'd never been as intimate as that- they would only hug, though as Alice was never that big on hugs, they didn't occur often.

But they hugged the night before. No, he held her the night before. And kissed her forehead the night before.

That was the part that kept reoccurring in her mind. The kiss that completely calmed her down, that sent chills through her body. How nonchalant it was, well, she had know idea how he could do such a thing.

Why did it feel nicer than when Minjun did the same?

Suddenly, pulling her out of her daydreams, the students in her class began to stand up, Alice scrambling to pick up her things and doing the same.

It bothered her when she was at work a few hours later as well. The memory was like a mosquito bite; the more she would think about it, the longer the memory lingered in her mind like a red mark on the skin.

It's not a big deal, she thought as she fiddled with the plastic balls in her hands, each reading a number and a letter. It had been bingo night, as it was Friday, and there was a crowd of elders sitting in front of her, all laughing and talking each other wholesomely.

"Call the next number!" Nari remarked as she noticed Alice was dozing off. She hurriedly spun the bingo cage and picked up a ball.

"This one's for you, Nari," she grinned into the microphone, causing a few of the elders to laugh. "G-51."

She watched as some of the elders whined, and as some of them excitedly stamped onto their cards.

Oh, how nice it would be if I were like them, Alice thought.

After a few more rounds, they called it a night and Alice ended her shift, waiting outside for Jimin to pick her up after coming from the studio.

She had been a bit nervous to see him, and she was still unsure why. So, when his car came around, her breath hitched.

Alice, pull your shit together, she thought and rolled her eyes before hopping into the car. She looked at Jimin, who was briefly checking his phone.

"Hey, how was bingo night?" He asked her, putting his phone down. He didn't seem awkward around her, so it calmed her down a bit. But then again, why should he be awkward around her in the first place?