Chapter 11: A!?

A/N: Here's another chapter, I'm trying to be more motivated. Anyways enjoy this chapter!(*'∀'人)♥

✿✿✿✿

I walked onto the balcony and tried to take deep breaths and think about not focus on life as much. However, getting fresh air on the balcony was not enough, I don't feel satisfied, not yet, it doesn't feel right. I should go to the only place that I seek comfort from. I sneaked my way out by going down the balcony with the help of my magic. When I quietly got down and landed on the ground I started to walk towards the forest I easily got through it like before. It also wasn't hard to go through the forest with the moon shining so brightly in the sky. 

The field was filled with flowers and the waterfall sounded peaceful unlike everything going in her life. I imagined building a cottage here one day where no one can disturb me and where I can live peacefully alone or maybe with a special person. I think that I might do it in the future but the consequences that'll come if I did that would be horrendous. I sighed and laid down closing my eyes and breathing in the flowery air, I wish time could stay like this forever. I don't want time to continue, life is too stressful with so many people who want to kill me.  

"Oyyy, you still awake?" 

I must be hearing things, that's right I must be dreaming. 

"Are you dead?"

I opened my eyes and saw a familiar face. 

"A?" I guessed. 

"Surprise," he smiled and stuck out his hand. 

"How are you here?" I grabbed his hand. 

"I sneaked out," he laughed. 

"I guess we're both the same then," I laughed too. 

"Is something bothering you?" he asked. 

"I guess you can so but it's nothing much," I answered. 

"Are you sure?" he asked again. 

"Yes," I reassured. 

"So... how's it been?" I asked. 

"Nothing much, I finished my apprenticeship so now I'm going solo," he answered. 

"Do you still live in the capital then?" I wondered.

"You can so," he said. 

"How's everything going for you, is there anything that happened?" he asked. 

"Not much has happened but people bothering me," I answered.

I didn't want to tell him the full truth because I didn't want to worry him. It would be better for him to not know the truth about the accident and my engagement for now. 

"It was nice talking to you A, it truly was but I think I should get going," I told him. 

I stood up and turned to him and smiled. I was going to say goodbye and start walking home but A held onto my hand. 

"Stay a little longer," he pleaded. 

He looked at me with sad eyes, which made me felt guilty for leaving early. 

"Alright, just a bit longer," I sat back down. 

We kept talking and looked at the stars and moon that shined on us. We talked about our lives and random things, I felt like time was going slow ever since he got here. 

I never thought about breaking off my engagement but talking to A made me rethink if I really wanted to be engaged to the Crown Prince. It would be nearly impossible to break off an engagement that the Emperor ordered. Anyways I don't think happiness matters right now, for now I still have to find more information about the Baron and people who are connected to him. 

I was dozing off so I got up and tried to head back home. However, A held me my hand and pulled me down into his arms and reassured me that he'll bring me home before dawn.  He smelled like the fresh sea that was so similar to him. He was mysterious like the sea that was full of freedom but also full of loneliness. I held him tighter in my arms hoping that we could stay like this forever, but the night will soon end.

When I woke up A was gone and like he had promised I was in my room, on my bed comfortably. I hope that this engagement won't make me regret letting A go easily. I didn't get to confess my feelings for him yet but if he had rejected me it would've break our friendship apart, maybe this was for the best. 

"Young Miss, are you awake?" Millie knocked on the door. 

"I am, Millie you may enter," I mumbled. 

"Good morning, Young Miss," Millie greeted.

"Good morning," I greeted back.

"Did you sleep well?" she asked. 

"Yes, I slept very well better than ever," I smiled. 

"Is there anything important going on today?" I asked. 

"There is a festival that is happening today and the next few days. Would you like to attend it?" she informed. 

A festival, that sounds fun I never went to festivals back in Japan because my family couldn't afford buying things for my siblings. I should go with Millie tonight. 

"Lets go tonight Millie," I said. 

"Alright I'll get a carriage ready for tonight," she agreed. 

Millie finished styling my hair and I went downstairs for breakfast. Maybe I can get information this way too, I can't wait. 

✿✿✿✿

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I appreciate you for reading and stay tuned~(*'▽`*)