Chapter Twelve

~ Cover designed by MakaylaSophia {Thanks so much} 😊 ~

"So where exactly is this place we're going to?" I ask them.

"It's a little café thing close by," Summer tells, looking up from her phone.

"And what are we going to be doing there?" I ask her, but her attention is back to her screen. I sigh as I slum into the seat next to Chase.

"What's wrong kitten?" asks Chase, pausing his game and turning around to face me.

"Tonight is what's wrong," I tell him unhappy. I was never one to sing, let alone in front of anyone. I sounded terrible. I'm so into my thoughts that I don't realise Chase had thrown his arm around me.

"Cheer up sun-shine, I'll.. Summer and I will make tonight exciting and make it worth wild," he tells me grinning, I smile.

"Then tonight isn't going to be easy is it?" I ask him, he shakes his head, laughing.

"Nope," he says popping the p. I grin.

"Hey Aurora, move that's my spot," Summer says shooing me off the lounge.

"But there's no other spots!" I whine, glancing at the floor.

"Ask him to move over," she says pointing at Chase. I sigh, knowing three people would never fit on that small couch.

"I'm not deaf Summer, I can hear you," he reminds her, Summer just rolls her eyes. Summer's house was a small little town home, it was cute and homey, her mum was out working. We were all in the basement, Summer on her phone, Chase playing the Playstation and me, well I'm still finding a new spot.

"I swear half the time you are," she says huffing as she sits frown and goes back to her phone.

"Am not!" he says poking his tongue at her, she doesn't hear nor does she notice. "Hmm, I think she's the deaf and blind one," he mumbles cheekily, grinning at me.

"I may have to agree with you," I say as still, Summer wasn't noticed us talking about her.

"May have too?" he echoes, raising his eyebrow at me, I wink.

"Maybe, maybe not," I say cheekily, his eyes light up in amusement.

"Sit on me," he says suddenly, I frown.

"What?" I ask him, Chase shakes his head. I watch in shook as he leans over, grabs my hand and pulls me down onto his lap. I stiffen, my senses were going overboard, to close, way to close.

"What the fuck Chase?..." he stops me by placing one of his fingers to my lips.

"I'm losing like shit," he says pointing at the t.v. I sigh as I glance over at it, he was coming in sixth place.

"And?" I tell him, crossing my arms over my chest. Chase's brome eyes shimmer slightly as he grins down at me.

"Duh, you're my good luck charm kitten," he says like I should've known that.

"I'm your good luck charm?" I ask him, watching as he nods his head all serious. "Sorry to burst your bubble mister, but I only bring bad luck," I say quietly.

"Well not to me you don't," he whispers in my ear, turning my head gently so that I could see the screen. I watch as Chase's player gets the last kill and sees that his score has gone up to the point that he's now in first place. My mouth drops, nah he must have been not playing properly at the start. It has to be a joke. I feel his breathe on my earlobe as he speaks. "See, you're my charm," he whispers softly, I get goose bumps running up my hands and down my legs.
"Are you cold kitten?" he asks me concerned. I wasn't but that would gather up the truth, right?