Twenty-Two

~ Cover designed by cannulatedencores {Thanks so much} love this girl, check her out 😊 ~

"I'm starving," complains Summer as we head to our lunch table after second period.

"So that's why you brought an apple, a sandwich of some sort, a piece of cake and the water?" I ask glancing down at her over flowing lunch tray.

"Yep!" she says sitting in the corner and digging into her food.

"When was the last time you ate Summer?" I ask her laughing as I watch. Summer stops chewing, looks across at me, tilting her head thinking.

"This morning," she finally says going back to her lunch. I laugh harder at that.

"What's so funny kitten?" asks Chase sliding in next to me and placing down his tray of food. I glance over at his tray, my eyes lock onto the three Tim-Tams that were close to my side. "Woah! Did Summer skip breakfast or is she planning to hibernate soon?" Chase asks loudly.

"Fuck off Chase! I'm hungry," states Summer looking up at us. Chase looks shocked for a second, knowing that Summer never usually swore, he then looks down at me.

"She's been around you too long kitten!" he states in amusement. I had to agree with him there.

"I think she has!" I agree watching as he grabs one of the Tim-Tams and eats it. Now there was only two left.

"What's up everybody?" asks a new voice as someone slides in on my left. There wasn't much space and now I was squashed between these two.

"Oh hi Mike, how's your first day going?" asks Summer as she slows down her eating rate. Acting more like a lady then an animal that hasn't seen food in forever.

"Pretty good I guess," he says grinning. I feel Chase stiffen slightly on my right as Mike moves closer my way instead of moving the other way.

"Do you mind moving the other way man, Aurora's a little squashed," Chase asks firmly. Mike looks down at me and then glances at Chase.

"Sorry man, there's no room this side," he says back, stretching his arms and putting his bag down on the other side of him. I frown so does Summer, Chase stiffens more.

"You can sit here kitten," Chase whispers to me, patting his lap. I grin as I move over and sit on his lap, Mike frowns but looks over at Summer. "That's better," Chase whispers wrapping his arms around me as I lean into him.

"So.. you said you're staying here with your aunt, whys that?" asks Summer. I watch as Chase picks up another one of the Tim-Tams, and I pout just as he's about to put it in his mouth.

"Why are you pouting at my Tim-Tams?" Chase asks me in amusement, his eyes lighting up.

"I like Tim-Tams," I admit quietly watching as he teases me, taking a small bite of it and then licking his lips.

"You're a meanie!" I tell him pouting more as he takes another small bite. I open my mouth to say something but then Chase feeds me the rest of the Tim-Tam.

"There you go kitten, I wasn't going to eat it, just tease you a bit," he admits as he also hands me the last Tim-Tam. I smile in glee as I start nibbling on it like a mouse.

"... revenge," I catch the last of Mikes words. I blink, looking up at Summer and looking across at Mike. "I'm joking guys, I'm just here to visit an old friend of mine and fresh start kind of thing," Mike says looking at me.

"Haha, revenge that's funny," Summer says laughing, Chase frowns and I stare at him. What is he really doing here? I haven't heard from him since my last day back home, dumping him. I notice that Chase has stiffen again under me, I look up at him to see him watching three other boys, all wearing leather jackets. I'm guessing they were his friends. One has blonde/white coloured hair, the one beside him had brown and the other midnight black. I watch as the last one lifts his hand up, and waves Chase over then the three walk outside.

"I'm sorry babe, I have to go but I'll see you later on ok?" Chase says lifting me off him. I frown, what was going on?

"It's alright, I'll see you soon," I say, Chase leans down and kisses my forehead before leaving the table. I watch as he drops his lunch tray off and then heads outside as well.

"Where's he going?" asks Summer after realising she didn't have my attention. I blink as I turn back around to face my friend.

"I don't know," I mumble truthfully.

"Oh well he's gone, so.. ladies," Mike says grinning. I had to get away from him, something was off. Why was he here? Revenge he said, was he actually telling the truth? I jump up quickly, too quickly and both of them watch me.

"Where you going baby?" asks Mike, smiling up at me, I glare at him.

"Baby?" questions Summer, watching the both of us closely. Mike grins as he looks at me.

"Aw I feel hurt that you haven't told her about me baby," he says, I glare at him. He wouldn't say anything, would he? I couldn't trust him.

"What's he going on about Aurora?" Summer asks me confused. "Do you know Mike?"

"No I fricken don't know him, he's new remember," I remind her, trying to win her over.

"Oh you know me baby!" Mike says winking at me, I glare at him.

"Shut the fuck up Mike, piss off," I yell at him getting mad. No, he couldn't tell her, I won't let Summer know. "Summer can you come with me?" I ask her, already grabbing her hand and pulling her up.

"But but Aurora.."

"Summer!" I whine, stomping my foot.

"Where are you two going now?" asks Mike, smiling as he notices that I'm getting mad but also scared. He has the power of me right now, and he knew it.

"Library," I say, I pull Summer along with me. When we round the corner, I let her hand go and breathe again.

"Aurora? What was going on back there?" she asks me frowning.

"Nothing," I tell her quietly, running my fingers through my hair. This couldn't be happening.

"It didn't look like nothing!" she states, watching me.

"He was pissing me off Summer," I tell her, she nods her head.

"I know that, he was annoying Chase as well," she comments quietly. "That boy is pretty protective of you," she states, I nod my head half listening.

"Can you help me study?" I ask her, remembering I had a quiz next lesson.

"Yeah sure but at least answer me this Aurora," she says looking me right in the eye.

"Why did Mike keep calling you baby?"

"I don't know," I tell her truthfully, without blinking or looking away. Summer sighs but nods her head.

"Let's get you all studied up, you're going to ace this quiz once I'm finished with you," she says leading us down the hall.

"Uh Summer, that last part sounded wrong," I say, making us both laugh.
_______________________________________________________
Hey everyone 😄
So we have some questions, why is Mike here? Why does he keep calling her baby? Why did Chase leave quickly? Is Summer smarter then Aurora thinks?
Sorry about not updating again for a few days, school is starting back up for me in three days or two really. But I'll try my best to update at least once or twice a week for you guys 😃
What are your thoughts on the chapter? Does anyone have any ideas on what's going to happen or thinks they know the answer to the questions above ^^^ 😜
I'll try and post the next chapter tonight for you guys to make up for not updating. But if I don't then the next chapter will be up tomorrow.
Another HUGE! Thanks to this lovely, amazing person cannulatedencores for the cover, she also designed the banner that's now on the 'coming soon' page as the banner =P and yes if you've bothered to have a look... my main characters are indeed;
Barbara Palvin as Aurora Hayes
and
Taylor Lautner as Chase Evan's
{ Eee! I love these two! <3 }
Comment {please, please comment} follow and vote 😊
Amy xxx

P.S
If you guys have an idea on who Summer and Mike could be casted as, let me know =) thanks!