Twenty-Eight

~ Cover designed by stylinsun- {Thanks so much} 😊 ~

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I half whisper, half yell at him.

"Aurora! That's not a nice way to speak to a friend!" my mum says sharply. I ignore her comment and glare at the guy standing in front of me grinning.

"It's completely fine Miss Hayes," Mike says smiling at her. My mum frowns, and sighs as she says she has stuff to take care of. "Your mum is awesome!" he comments turning to face me. I roll my eyes, already sick of him.

"What do you want Mike?" I ask instead as I turn around and walk into the kitchen.

"Can't I just miss my girl," he says as he follows me. I nearly chock on my own saliva.

"I was never your girl!" I point out angrily, as I grab a coke from the fridge.

"Yes you were baby, and you still are," he insists. Then as an after thought, he asks if he could have a coke too.

"Get off your fricken arse and get one if you must!" I tell him annoyed, there were plenty of cokes anyway. Usually I would have a Pepsi Max but mum forgot to buy one when she had gone shopping.

"But you're the one closer to the fridge!" Mike says as he takes a seat at the island.

"Aw you poor little baby. I don't give a fuck that I'm closer!" I tell him as I move to sit on the bench top.

"What's got you in a pissy mood this morning?" Mike asks when he finally gets up and grabs a coke. I glare at him from my spot up on the bench. I'm not in a pissy mood! "Is it that amazing time of the month?" he asks laughing when I jump off the bench. He did not just ask that.

"Fuck off Mike!" I warn him.

"I'm going to take that as a yes," he laughs, adding onto my anger. Take a deep breathe Aurora, that's right breathe in and out. In and out.

"No actually, I'm not!" I grind out, I start sipping my coke, trying to calm myself.

"Then why are you pissy?" he asks again, frowning at me. Couldn't he just give up with the question, he was not a cop or a question game host. I don't answer and continue sipping my drink, letting the silence take over.
"Is it because of that guy?" Mike asks me, I glance across at him.

"That guy? who?" I ask trying to buy me time. I didn't want to talk about Chase. Even thinking his name hurts to much, how he left me.

"Aurora, seriously! That guy you were with.. What's his name.. Chance or something," he says waving his arms about.

"Or something," I say quietly. Mike glances at me, I look out the window, welcoming the silence again. I feel someone touch my shoulder and I jump, it was just Mike.

"What did he do Aurora?" he asks, his eyes narrowing when I don't answer. "Aurora!" I turn around and glare at him.

"Nothing, he did fucken nothing!" I yell, my mum comes rushing into the kitchen.

"What's going on? Why are you yelling Aurora?" she asks panicked. I rub my eyes, only to feel wetness on my hands. I was crying.. again. I wasn't a crier.

"Why is she crying?" I hear Becky's voice ask.

"What did you say to her?" My mum asks Mike, who looked just as confused as her. He raises his hands.

"I didn't do anything Miss Hayes, I swear!" he says glancing at me. I couldn't contain nor stop the tears that were falling down my cheeks, I didn't like crying, it showed to much emotion but I couldn't stop them.