XIV: Hot Seat

"This is...the meeting, right? Or am I missing something?"

Miyuki stepped in to the crowd, coming behind the Wind Pillar who had just finished piercing the wooden box with his katana.

Her eyes went to the young slayer tied up in front of them with curiosity.

"Looks like I arrived at the wrong time." Miyuki whispered with an apologetic smile, looking at the blood flowing to the Wind Pillar's blade.

She eyed the box Shinazugawa was holding and sensed a presence of a demon inside it. Although it was a demon, Miyuki felt something different. It was an odd one.

"Ha?! You're still alive, Shiraishi?! You've got guts on showing up here." Sanemi grunted, forgetting for a moment about the demon in his hand.

"Did I do something wrong?" Miyuki titled her head.

"You've missed two meetings, Shiraishi. That's penalty." The Serpent Hashira spoke while resting on a tree.

After a year and a half, the Ice Pillar have finally returned to the headquarters; finished with her mission and the task that Oyakata-sama has given her.

The pillars were actually surprised to finally see her in actual flesh, looking at her as if she was a ghost that appeared in broad daylight. They knew about her mission at Nanakusa Island but the rest of why she took so long to return are unknown to them.

"Penalty? Did we have that rule before?"

"Of course. That's why your two absences to the pillar meetings needs valid explanation." Iguro said while pointing at her.

Miyuki nodded helplessly.

Her eyes then caught the Flame Pillar's gaze at her. Miyuki smiled at him brightly and then to the rest of the pillars. She missed him, also her friends, of course. But due to the circumstances, they must first act professionally first.

"Anyway, what is a demon doing...there?" She pointed at the box curiously.

The convicted slayer's eyes widened after gazing at the newly arrived pillar which took his breath away, snapping back to reality that his sister was in danger from the Wind Pillar.

"Don't hurt my sister!!!" The boy said but was ignored.

"There will be a trial, Miyuki-san, for this boy and Tomioka-san. This young slayer, Kamado Tanjiro, is travelling with the demon in that box and Tomioka-san have tolerated it by preventing me to slay it."

"He is a slayer. Codes are broken and thus a trial will be held." Shinobu explained.

Their attention has now come to the boy who was giving off a killing intent to the Wind Pillar.

"Like I said, there's no need for a trial. Demons are demons...let's get this dumb shit over with!" Shinazugawa said while pulling out his sword.

Miyuki heard a whimper from the box. It sounded like a girl, a young one at least. Taking a sigh, she went besides the Stone Pillar.

"Master..." Miyuki smiled to her former master.

"Miyuki...Namu Amida Butsu...Namu Amida Butsu." The Stone Pillar nodded.

Himejima Gyomei has no need for discussion about the Miyuki's absence. He knew well that it must be an important matter, as ordered by Oyakata-sama.

Glancing to the side as well, Miyuki saw the Water Pillar's steady gaze into the space. "You sure have it tough, Tomioka-san." She commented which made him flinched.

"Shouldn't we wait for Oyakata-sama for this matter? Let's not be hasty," She then finally added, looking back at the boy and then to Sanemi.

"Wahh! Miyuki-chan's back...we both thought of the same thing!" The Love Pillar's eyes gleamed as she looked towards Miyuki.