V: Kissed By The Lilies

After 5 days of continuous evacuation of the people in the island, the Ice Pillar had finally manage to get villagers left into safety. 

Miyuki had already dealt with 30 demons in total, though she was still certain that there's still a bigger trouble than the ones she encountered. 

Those 30 demons in the island were just baits for distractions.

"Ojii-san...do you know anything about this Blue Spider Lily?" 

Boats after boats, Miyuki would always ask the leaders of the villages regarding that matter.

Those who were raided just like the first one were also asked by the same demon for its existence...to find it.

So far, the villager's answers were still the same...that they do not exist.

Miyuki wondered even more, of what was it for and why would a demon look for a non-existent flower...to go this far...

She would have to face that demon in order to know the answer.

"I see...then, I'll be going back to the island now. Please stay safe, all of you." Miyuki said as they reached the harbor, the villagers taking off from the boat.

"Do you think it's a Twelve Kizuki, Shirayuki?" Miyuki leaned to the rails and eyed the sea, the island looked so little from where she was.

Her crow, was on the rails too. Exhausted from all the flying he made for the past 5 days.

"Proceed with caution...proceed with caution...could be a Kizuki." He said.

Miyuki couldn't agree more. Twelve Kizuki or not, dealing with demons must always be with caution. 

The island were now free from civilians, a total of 621 people evacuated and 30 slayed demons. However, the Ice Pillar's mission were just half-way from being accomplished.

She must head back once again and secure that it was already safe.

It was impossible for the people to abandon the island, it was a reservoir after all.

"Young lady..." Someone called from her side. 

Miyuki was a bit startled to find an old man still aboard in the boat while the rest of the villagers were now gone.

An elder? If I'm correct he was the former chief, two generations ago...

"Yes, elder? Do you need help?" Miyuki said kindly.

He was certainly old. Older than the current chief. It amazes her on how he was still well despite the old age. 

"You...you've been kissed by the Blue Spider Lily, aren't you?" the elder said as he stared into Miyuki. 

The mention of the Blue Spider Lily surprised her, but what the man said that she was kissed by it made her far confused.

"Do you know about that flower, ojii-san? And what do you mean by kissed?" 

Miyuki has no idea about it and that surprised the old man. He looked at her with furrowed eyebrows. 

"The Blue Spider Lily...only a few knows of it but it does not exist anymore. It's only a myth now. It suppose to have the ability to heal all ailments and conditions, some say it even do wonders to your body and give you long life, though I highly doubt it..." the man said with a short laugh.

Somehow, the condition of Oyakata-sama appeared in Miyuki's mind.

She wondered whether the flower could heal her Master, however, Oyakata-sama did mentioned to her that it was a curse, not just a normal disease.