IX: Joint Mission

Kyojurou

Thank you for the letter you've sent me. I am doing fine. I've just finished my mission in Nanakusa three weeks ago, but I still have a lot of things to do. As soon as I finish, I'll be going back home. 

I hope you are in good health as I will continue to pray for your safety. Please don't forget not to eat too much, even though I think that's not possible.

I hope we can spend more time together again, soon. I'll treat you with lots of sweet potatoes once I'm back. Send my regards to Rengoku-san and Senjuro-kun as well...the dinner was great.

I wanted to write more but Shirayuki will get mad if I send him bundle of papers. 

Well then...I wish you good fortunes and health, Kyojurou. I miss you. 

- Yuki

After Miyuki have secured Nanakusa, the people were returned safely to their villages, informed by the situation of demons and what measures they should take.

The Ice Pillar rested and recuperated at the nearest Wisteria Inn, after finally leaving the island.

Miyuki only fought the Uppen Moon, Akaza, for a short period of time and yet the injuries she obtained from him was actually quite a lot.

2 broken ribs, a hemorrhage to her side, and the rest of them are major bruises.

Taking Akaza's strong fists and powerful kicks took a toll on the Ice Pillar's body. It was only thanks to her fast healing abilities that she managed to heal much faster; it would've taken her more than a month's time before she was good as new.

With five days of recuperation, Miyuki was back in tip-top shape. 

"New mission! New mission!" 

Shirayuki immediately came back with a mission, days after he was sent by the pillar for her letter.

Miyuki still hasn't started the other mission Oyakata-sama had given her and yet now, she has another one. 

"A joint mission with a pillar...meet up in Noboribetsu, Hokkaido, in three days. People are disappearing from town to town." Shirayuki cawed. 

Nanakusa was actually just above Hokkaido, however, in order to get to Noboribetsu, it'll take two days of travel.

Miyuki sighed and started packing her things which only consists of her haori, food, and first-aid (she rarely use this).

"Which pillar am I going with?" Miyuki asked.

"No details...the other pillar will inform you about the rest, they said."

Miyuki can't help but think what their mission is. Surely, to send two pillars must've meant it was serious. It made the Ice Pillar recall her encounter with Akaza, she wondered what could be worse than that.

Until...

"Ugh...no wonder I get the chills every time I think of this mission."

"Ha?! Chills, my ass...that's my line, Shiraishi!!!" 

Miyuki looked up to the sky boredly as she walked towards a shed where the other pillar was waiting for her, on the outskirts of Noboribetsu. 

"You haven't changed at all. You still don't know how to wear your clothes properly, don't you? Sanemi-senpai..."

Miyuki commented with distaste to the Wind Pillar's unbuttoned uniform that revealed his bare chest, widely for display. 

"Are you blind as fuck? What's the purpose of a body if you're not going to flaunt it?" Shinazugawa replied while proudly standing up with his chest high.