XV: Judgement

After what Ubuyashiki Kagaya said, each pillar gave their own opinions on the matter.

"Even if it's what you desire, Master, I cannot agree to it." - Himejima Gyomei, The Stone Pillar.

"I'm flamboyantly opposed, as well! A Demon Slayer traveling with a demon is unacceptable!" - Uzui Tengen, The Sound Pillar.

"I shall do whatever it is you wish, Master!" - Mitsuri Kanroji, The Love Pillar.

"I'm fine either way...since I'm going to forget anyway." - Tokito Muichirou, The Mist Pillar.

Kocho Shinobu, The Insect Pillar, has kept her silence together with The Water Pillar, Tomioka Giyuu.

"I won't trust them. I won't trust them. In the first place, I loathe demons." - Said Obanai Iguro, The Serpent Pillar.

"Although I respect you with all my heart, that's an incomprehensible notion, Master! I oppose it with everything I've got!" - Rengoku Kyojurou, The Flame Pillar.

"The Demon Slayer Corps' mission is to annihilate demons. I request that you penalize both Kamado and Tomioka!" - Shinuzugawa Sanemi, The Wind Pillar.

Half of them were in the opposition but it was to be expected since it was a demon after all. Demons and rules, broken.

The Ice Pillar, on the other hand, Shiraishi Miyuki, maintained herself at the middle, taking no sides for the meantime. She wanted to witness the demon herself before she gives her stand.

"Oyakata-sama, everyone does indeed have a point. However, everyone, in my opinion, should see first what this demon is. If it is indeed different, we shouldn't handle this carelessly." She then spoke.

"And what do you mean by that, Shiraishi? What makes you think that demons differ from one another? Demons are demons." Iguro said with certainty.

The rest of the pillars were confused about what Miyuki said, she was neither siding to save the demon nor to kill it.

"I can sense that the demon in that box is different. I'm not saying that it's good for sure. Just different. My words will not support my judgment and so I suggest we find proof first."

The Oyakata-sama agreed with her and a letter was presented to them, read by his child for all of them to hear.

It was a letter from the former Water Pillar, Urokodaki Sakonji, vouching for the existence of Kamado Tanjiro's demon sister. And if the demon would indeed eat humans, the former pillar and Tomioka Giyuu offered to commit seppuku.

Miyuki found this notion absurd.

It will not do anything to change the other pillar's minds. It would just result in their unnecessary deaths if they were indeed to commit seppuku.

"We can't guarantee that she won't attack humans. We can't prove it. With that said...we also can't prove that she will attack humans." Oyakata-sama spoke.

The Demon Nezuko have survived for two years without eating humans and because the matter has included three people's lives on the line, they couldn't just simply jump to conclusions.

"To reject this notion, those who reject it must offer an even more convincing argument. Just like what Miyuki have said, we need proof." Ubayashiki Kagaya then continued.

Those who rejected have fell silent for a moment...

"Also, there's something I'd like to relay to you, my children."

"Tanjiro here has met Kibutsuji..."

All of the pillars turned their heads to Kamado Tanjiro while Miyuki just continued to gaze on the ground upon hearing the demon's name. The Ice Pillar's sudden change of air, despite the ruckus of the other pillars on questioning the boy, was not left unnoticed by the Oyakata-sama.