Chapter Twenty Two

And I hope you're better off, and your heartbeat never stopped, every scar has done healing, and you found eden.
Colouring
(Everything Has grown)
                                      __His First July

Chapter Twenty Two

COLBY

Have you ever woken up feeling like the day ahead of you would be a terrible one? 

When I woke up this morning, I was welcomed by a terrible chest pain, distress signals coming from my brain. The migraine was suddenly unavoidable, and it felt like the whole of my stomach was about to come up in my throat. My joints ached. In all, I woke up feeling sick to my stomach, this also had an effect on my whole mood. Even as I was seated in my Dad's car as we drove to the hospital for the normal check up and all, I couldn't raise my head from the window, my eyes were shut close with my headphones in my ear. 

I wasn't listening to anything, but it just felt more comfortable with them on. It dulled out any possible noise set to increase the hammering in my head. 

"You okay Champ?" My Dad's voice reached me. 

I nodded. 

"Colby?" 

"I'm fine Dad. You're just gonna drop me off right?" 

"Yeah, I have to meet with a client of mine in a few minutes." 

"Okay." 

"When you're done, you can call your Mom from the boutique, or ask Doc to take you home, okay?" 

"No need for that, I'll just take the bus back home." I said, my eyes still closed. 

"You're sure?" 

"Yeah." I said. 

__

Minutes turned into hours as I waited in Doc's office. My hand on my chin as I played scrabble on my phone. 

I've really tried to lift my mood, but something at the back of my mind, whispering into my ear, kept telling me that something isn't right, and that I’ll probably know soon. It was like a heavy shadow, pressing down on my chest, and weighing on my shoulders. 

When I got into the exam room, Doc kept asking if everything was okay, and I wanted to tell her what was wrong but- honestly, searching deep inside me right now, I didn't know. 

I guess I just woke up at the wrong side of the bed, and it'd probably wear off soon. 

The door to Doc's office pushed open. "Hey slugger." 

I managed a smile at her. "Hey. Any news?" 

She frowned with a sigh, taking her seat right across the table. "Have you been taking your meds Colby?"