Just this moment.

"Do you need my help?" Zoe asks from the other side of the door.

"No," I reply, putting on my grey dress, "it's alright."

I put my arms through the long sleeved dress and stand up to let the skirt flow down to my knees.

"You can come in." I yell and a second later the door swings open.

Zoe's already dressed and ready. She woke up early in case I needed her help.

She's honestly the best.

"Nice." She comments on my dress.

"There's nothing nice about this plain thing," I roll my eyes and laugh, "but thank you."

I bend and pick up my black boots. I slip them on, being careful with the left one.

"Has your swelling completely gone down?" Zoe asks, walking over to the closet.

"No." I look at my ankle with a frown.

"Are those boots a good idea?"

"I think so. I did a quick search and someone mentioned boots. Something about them supporting your ankle or whatever."

"Alright, although following the advice from some quick search doesn't sound like a good idea to me."

"I'll be fine. I'll make sure I don't apply a lot of weight on this ankle." I put my hand on the bed and hold on to the bedside table with the other one. Zoe quickly rushes to help me stand up.

"Let's go, Max is waiting for you downstairs."

"Really?"

"Yeah, he said he's got breakfast and he wants to walk you to class today."

Why is he so sweet?

"Are you going to say anything to him?"

"Huh?" I snap my head up.

"About what you told me yesterday?"

"No," I stand up and grab my backpack and books, "I can't do that."

"What do you mean you can't?" Zoe grabs her stuff and we walk out of the room.

"I can't break his heart like that." I look forward, keeping my eyes focused on the door we're approaching. It appears blurry, without my glasses or contacts, but I stare at it like it's going to help me out.

"So, lying to him is better?"

"I'm not... I mean..."

We stop in front of the door and Zoe knocks. I remain quiet and she doesn't push the issue. After I didn't say anything to Peyton and Bianca yesterday, she figured I didn't want them to know. Right now, I think I should tell them. Especially Bianca.

"Morning." Bianca opens the door with an enthusiastic smile. Peyton follows behind, looking a little less happy.

"Hi." She mutters. "I need coffee."

We make our way to the elevator in silence. Bianca and Zoe focus on their phones while I let my thoughts consume me.

I kept thinking about my relationship last night. I know what I'm going to do. I have to...

The doors open and we all walk out. I immediately spot Max and a huge smile forms on his face. I manage a small one, feeling a knot form in my stomach. He's sitting on one of the green couches in the lobby.

"See you guys later." Peyton mutters, waving goodbye.

"Yeah, bye." Bianca follows.

Zoe gives me an encouraging smile before she also walks away. When I turn around to look at Max again, he's walking over to me.