Arc 1: Chapter 6

This chapter has been heavily edited for the first part!

His question made Elenor choke on her tea which caused her to cough uncontrollably. He did nothing to help her, watching her cough only.

"Who are you?" he asked again.

Once Elenor recovered from that, she took in a deep breath before replying back to him, "I don't understand what you are saying Alec."

He sighed, "I knew you might say that so I have evidence."

'E..evidence? Has this person been observing me?!'

Covering up her surprised feelings, she stared at him.

Lifting up one finger, he began to speak his evidence, "One. Lady Elenor would never refuse on getting new things. She would be the one asking for them."

"Did you forget what I said? I said I realised how foolish I was being and now I'm trying to become a better person."

Alec lightly chuckled which sounded more like a scoff, "She would never think that way. She is very stubborn and would do anything to get her hands on what she wants."

'Shit he's right about that. I can't retort that so I'll pretend I didn't hear him.'

Seeing that Elenor wasn't saying anything else, he continued on and lifted up a second finger,

"Two. She would never greet or act polite with the people working here and she would never try horse riding. If she did she would have changed into a more proper attire and not ride a horse in her dress."

She stiffen up, unable to fight back about that evidence as well.

"And lastly," he lifted the third finger, "Lady Elenor does not know how to fight back or even defend herself."

Hearing his last evidence, Elenor knew she got caught by her own butler. Slowly glancing up at him, he had a small smirk on his face as if he already knew he had won.

"...You saw that?"

He nodded, "Of course, I heard a commotion outside so I went to check only to find milady slamming a body to the ground which was twice the size of her body."

Elenor gulped, feeling cold sweat rolling down her back once she realised she was being careless and now she had been caught.

"So tell me, who are you?" he asked coldly.

The whole room felt like it dropped temperature as Elenor suddenly felt a bit chilly. She bit her bottom lip before sighing, knowing she had no other choice than telling the truth.

'No, let's try to dodge this.'

She crossed her legs and sneered, "Those so-called evidence you have listed down doesn't prove anything. I am Elenor, your owner and master. I thought of being nicer to you but it seems you are taking it for granted."

Alec let out a scoff, finding her words amusing, "Then please do explain to this servant of yours."

The gears in her head were turning as she tried to churn out as much as she could to get out of this position,

"First. As I have said before, I have realised how foolish I was and decided to become a better person. I may not be able to change in one night, yes, but at least I'm trying am I not?" she glared at him before going on to the next point,

"Two. I admit riding the horse without changing attire was inappropriate, that was my mistake. And that thing about greeting people now? If I'm trying to change I should also change my attitude towards the servants. If I don't how will I be able to show I have changed?"