Arc 1: Chapter 15

Elenor could feel everyone's stare on her, it was anything but comfortable. Instead it was nauseating but she didn't dare show it, keeping a sweet smile on her face as she walked beside Lloyd.

"Just stay by my side the whole night." Lloyd whispered into her ear to prevent others from hearing.

She glanced at him, "Can I not?"

He chuckled, "Usually you would want to though."

Elenor rolled her eyes, "Not anymore your highness. I'm not in love with you."

"What a shame." he mumbled but had a grin on his face.

Elenor knew this was his new entertainment he liked. The whole time in the ball, she was beside Lloyd, smiling and speaking to other nobles when needed. She could feel many stares which felt more like knives on her back. She tried to leave his side but-

"The restroom? I'll wait for you outside."

"A drink? Let's go together, I want one as well."

"Eh? You want to leave? But we already have an agreement so you can't leave yet."

Elenor thought she had just lost ten years of her life because of that prince. In the end she continued to stay by his side like a statue.

"Milady, your smile." Elenor heard Alec whispering into her ear.

Turning to him, she replied back with a dead tone, "What's wrong with my smile?"

"It's getting crooked."

Fixing her smile, she look at Alec as if she was about to cry, "Alec this is torture I want to go home..!"

He shook his head, "His highness doesn't seem to want that."

Elenor puffed up her cheeks in annoyance, "This is frustrating."

"What is?" Lloyd asked, whispering to her other ear.

Shivers ran down her back when he did it. Covering her ear he had whispered in, she whipped her head back at him.

"Nothing. Your. Highness."

Lloyd smiled at her before taking hold of her hand. Before Elenor could protest, he brought her out to the balcony which was hidden away from the crowd. Without wasting a second, she heaved out a loud sigh and leaned against the balcony.

Her feet were sore and her facial muscles were probably broken by now. Looking out the balcony, She looked up at the stars twinkling under the bright moonlight. The wind blew gently against her skin.

'The stars here are prettier than my world...'

"What are you thinking of?" Elenor heard Lloyd's voice from behind.

Something rested upon her shoulders. Glancing at her shoulders, it was his blazer that he had wore to the ball. Elenor slipped out of it and handed it back.

"I don't need it." she bluntly said before turning her attention back to the stars.

"How harsh of you." Lloyd said with a small chuckle.

"Your highness, I hope you realise that I truly meant what I said."

Facing Lloyd this time, with a calm expression, Elenor added on, "I do not have any interest in you. I do not love you."

Lloyd nodded, "I know."

"So please stop this-"

Blinking a couple times, she stared at him- "Wait what?"

He nodded, stretching his arms before leaning against the balcony as well. "I know you don't."

She stared at him in disbelief before pinching her temples. "Then why are you doing this to me?"