Arc 3: Chapter 62

After that, Isabella often came over hoping to see Richard.

Although he was the upcoming heir, he still often headed to the royal palace so he wasn't seen frequently like what Isabella had hoped for.

Nonetheless, she continued coming over along with Rosina who found out and decided to tag along. Lloyd also found out about Isabella no longer having feelings with him which brought him more joy.

"..Why is everyone coming over to my place?" Elenor muttered as she stared at the three people sitting around her in the guest room.

"Elenor's place is the best!" Lloyd cheerfully answered, taking another dessert off the plate.

Rosina nodded while Isabella quietly drank her tea. Elenor sighed, shaking her head. She glared at Lloyd,

"Why aren't you at the palace working? You're giving my brother and your employees even more stress."

Lloyd showed her a thumbs up, "Actually they allowed me to take a break today."

"Lies."

"It's true! Rosina was with me before we came over. Right?" he turned to Rosina who nodded again.

"They even pushed him out of his office today," she added on, proving his innocence.

Elenor stared at them. They seem to be closer since they were now using their names. She nodded at the explanation before a slice of chocolate cake was placed in front of her.

Raising an eyebrow, she turned to her right shoulder. Alec flashed her a smile which caused her to look back at the cake.

She stabbed the cake with her fork and slowly ate it.

"How is it milady?" Alec asked, holding the tray in his left hand and his other behind his back.

"It's good,"

"I'm sure the chefs in the manor will be delighted with how you always love their food."

"Uh huh." Elenor nodded and continued eating the cake without saying anything else.

After she finished the cake, she placed her fork down and turned to her three friends. With a brief smile she glanced at the window before speaking up,

"It's getting darker. Shouldn't you all head back soon?"

"Eh but we just came over-" Lloyd's sentence fell short once he glanced outside.

The sky was getting darker as clouds began blocking the afternoon sun that was shining brightly a few moments ago.

The three understood what was coming and nodded.

They finished their tea time earlier than intended and Elenor went to see them out but as they were about to step foot outside, rain droplets began dropping.

It wasn't a drizzle as well, it was a full blown rainstorm which made them unable to get on their respective carriages.

"...." the four had no words, only watching as the rain continued pouring heavily.

"...I guess you all need to stay for the night?" Elenor smiled awkwardly.

Lloyd burst into laughter while Rosina excitedly nodded and Isabella kept quiet but had a small smile on her face.

And so, Elenor's first ever sleepover happened last minute. She asked a few servants to prepare three spare bedrooms for them.

At first she thought of only preparing a bedroom for Lloyd while Rosina and Isabella could sleep in her room but she didn't want them to feel uncomfortable so she decided on a safer option.