Chapter 42.2

"How could I leave someone who is made just for me? How could I find someone better than you, when you are what I want? Now and always. And you know how I can be sure of that?" I paused to look in his eyes and watch him looking at me with hope in his eyes and I knew that I am on the right path, he is listening and soon he might accept the fact that I only want him.

"Adrian, have you seen yourself lately? With all training, all this muscle and this face, you think anyone can reject you. And when I take a close look, you know what I see? I see a very strong person who had always put his family ahead of his own need, who is willing to sacrifice anything for their happiness. You remember I told you that I never wanted an alpha mate. Well, I was really scared of finding my mate when it was decided that I would lead the pack, being the daughter of the alpha my chances of getting a high rank mate was already quite high but alpha title just increased them to twice more. If I would had gotten a werewolf mate, they would either had been alpha or omega, as they are the usual alpha mates to balance out their energy. But my case was more complicated that made me wary of my mate."

"You didn't want to find your mate. But why? I never knew that, was you disappointed after finding me."

"It's not that I didn't want to find my mate, it's just that I was scared whether we would get along or not. And no, I wasn't disappointed after finding you. Let me explain it to you in detail. You know Alpha is usually male title and Luna is female one. Alpha is like father to the pack, as they have the instinct to protect and provide for their pack while Lunas are like mother whose instincts are to nurture and care for the pack like their children. And since I'm female alpha I had both these instincts and if I were to find alpha mate, it would have created many issues due to authority and omega mate wouldn't have been right as they are mostly perfect for those mates where one is proper dominance figure. So, what I needed was someone who had both these instincts like me and who could have been better than someone who had taken care of his family from quite young age. That's how I could tell that you were made just for me and you are what I need or want in my mate. Enough of all that, though I hope that talk had helped you."

I didn't even realize when I fluttered my gaze from his eyes, but now that I'm looking, I can see the storm in them. He is still overthinking everything, still trying to find loopholes in this conversation. It must be because of the bond. How did I take this much time to realize that simple fact? We have known each other for so long and we still haven't completed the mating, so the bond is trying to bring us together, forcing us to complete it. But since our relation is not an ideal wolf relation, it's not working the way it should. It's making him confuse and question everything including our relation. As I've said before, it's all my shortcomings that had pushed him to question us. But he can't overthink if he can't even breathe. Right?

So, I pulled the collar of his shirt to bring him closer as I latched my lips on his. It didn't take him long to drop whatever he was thinking and start moving his lips. His hand caught the back of my head to bring me close as he deepened the kiss. I pulled away and he groaned, his hand went up to bring me back to my previous position, but I put my hand on his chest to stop him.

"I know what you want and I'm willing to give you that and much more only if you promise me something in return," I whispered in his ears and he groaned in reply and tried to bring me back again.

I pulled away from him and said, "Not so soon baby. First you give me what I want then I'll give you what you want. I need you to promise me that you won't ever hide your troubles and worries from me."

He froze as he let my words sink in. I didn't want him to overthink it again so, I pushed him so that he was lying flat on the bed with his feet dangling on the ground. I climbed on his lap and grabbed the hem of my shirt. He watched me in trance as I slowly pulled it off. I bent down and kissed his cheek, his jaw and then the corner of his mouth. Missing the place, he wants to be kissed most. I slightly pulled back and his hands grabbed my waist to hold me in place. I moved to kiss his neck till I found the spot where my mark would go. I nibbled him there and he gasped as his hold on me tightened.