Chapter 6

✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

If the gaze had physical power, Raeliana would have been powdered by now.  After the battle between French, the eldest son of the Marquis Brooks family, and Noah, the Duke of WynKnight family, the reputation of Raeliana, who was just one of the common adolescents with pretty faces and lot of money, has risen literally.

In addition, today she even announced her engagement with the Duke WynKnight.

'What on earth is her charm that has taken down the best men?'

Whether she wants it or not, Raeliana's every movement has become hot topic for last three months in high society people that interested in love affairs and scandals.

As soon as she entered the banquet hall with Noah's escort, the eyes that staring in the hall's began to chase her like a hungry hyena. Raeliana is in serengeti full of hyenas.

She became a lost fawn alone in the grassland and was following Noah's lead in a rigid manner.

'.......my eyes sting.'

If she knew it would be like this, she would have looked for a man with a status lower than Noah.  It's a whisper from the devil to bake it around and boil it to dismiss Noah Wynknight.

She sighed.

'The water already spilled.'

Until she became the reserve duke's wife, the high-ranking nobles lined up to greet her.

"You are betrothed with this beautiful young lady. Now I know now why the Duke tried to taunt the Brooks family without hesitation.”

"Congratulations, Lady McMillan. Now I know why the Duke’s look so lively these days.”

All of them were conservative concrete that could not be ridiculed if they were new nobles.  Concealing the bitterness that somehow came in, Raeliana pretended to listen to them with a refreshing smile.

"Did he?"

"Yes, he was more than usual--"

The Marquis, who talked while playing with his mustache, made a story of how happy Noah was for two weeks, as if he were writing a story.

What about the lively period? Raeliana swallowed a laugh at the Marquis's for using of all sorts of tricks to impress her.

Noah was just being Noah WynKnight.  He replied smoothly, with his infamous 'Noah WynKnight smile.'

He's like a deceiver.  You should even put a notice board saying, 'I'm listening to your shit.'

"You don't know how lucky I am to meet her."

Noah put his hand lightly on Raeliana's shoulder, and said in a tone dripping with tenderness.

'Ugh....'

Raeliana, who was overshadowed by the sudden attack of affection, desperately imagined firing bullets into the head of French Brooks.

'Just smile, just smile.'

While muttering like this, Raeliana was expressing her frustration with a face that seemed to lack magnesium.

One man approached herself for money, and the other  man was bind to her because she was holding his weakness. Besides, Noah even suspect Raeliana as a suspicious person he doesn't know what her intention is.