𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟

It was finally time to get back onto the familiar red train that would lead you to Hogwarts. As you put some last things into your trunk, your mother frantically ran up the stairs and into your room.

"Your father is growing impatient downstairs. Come along, we better hurry so we don't miss the train," she said. You never liked how scared your mum looked when she was speaking about your father. It was probably better to leave it be, upsetting your father was the least logical thing you could do.

   ☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

You arrived at King's Cross Station with all of your things including your owl, Toby. When you thought about the school year, you were both nervous and excited. You were especially nervous to see Draco after you kissed him on the cheek the other day. You hadn't spoken to him since, but you had a strong feeling that he was going to keep throwing it in your face.

Immediately as you crossed into the platform of 9 ¾  you saw the crowds of students saying goodbye to their parents. You spotted Harry and Ron getting their trunks loaded on to the train, but knew it was better to wait till you were at Hogwarts to greet him.

"Now, (Y/N) please make sure that you are safe. I want you to have fun. Remember that your father and I love you very much," your mum said as she pulled you in for a hug. Your father just stood there, glaring down at you.

"(Y/N), I expect only good marks from you. If I hear one peep from a professor that you are slipping, I will make sure that you do not do anything over the holidays. That goes for quidditch too," he said sternly. You shook your head and gulped.

"Yes father," you said plainly. They stood together as you climbed onto the train.

You were scanning the compartments for a seat, hoping to avoid sitting with Draco. You didn't want to deal with him right now. Each compartment you checked was full. You looked into one compartment and saw Pansy with just about everyone you had wanted to sit with. There was a compartment near the very back that was opened. Inside was Draco, Blaise, Crabbe, and Goyle. You sighed and slid open the door.

"Ahh, Viper," Blaise exclaimed.

"Zabini," you replied with a smile. Draco just glanced at you as you sat next to Blaise, who was sitting by himself across from the other three. You and Blaise were actually really close. He knew how to make you laugh.

"So, Draco here was just telling us about the little kiss you gave him after the Quidditch World Cup," Crabbe teased, jabbing Draco in the ribs with his elbow. Draco shot him a nasty look and pinched his arm.

"Has he now? Merlin, Malfoy it was just a kiss on the cheek stop blowing things out of proportion," you said.

"Wow she told you," Blaise said, laughing.

You kind of zoned out as the boys fought about quidditch and ate snacks from the trolley like pigs.

"What's wrong with you," Blaised asked jokingly.

"She's probably upset that her boyfriend can't sit with her on the train," Draco mocked.

"Boyfriend?" Blaise questioned. "Since when do you have a boyfriend," he said.

"Bloody hell, I don't have a boyfriend. Draco's just being a twat." Draco started to giggle.

"No boys listen up, Viper here has a crush on-" he attempted to say.

"DRACO I SWEAR TO MERLIN," you said as you got up and started to go at Draco. Blaise grabbed you by your waist and sat you back down next to him.

"Well go on mate, finish," said Crabbe.

"Viper is crushing on Potter," he said quickly. At once they all started laughing uncontrollably.

"I don't have a crush on Potter, he asked for my address and wrote to me. I only answered to be polite," you explained, lying slightly.

"Since when do you care about being polite," Blaise chuckled.

"That's easy, Zabini. Ever since she's been in love," Draco teased. You wanted nothing more than to get off that train. As if the conductor heard you, the train halted to a stop. You stood up with the boys and walked out into the train corridor.

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

Everyone was watching as a pegasus-drawn-carriage soared in towards the castle. People were murmuring about what they had just witnessed.

"Not very impressive," Draco said from beside you. You just rolled your eyes and continued to watch. Suddenly, an enormous boat came from under the surface of the Black Lake. Now Draco was impressed.

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

All the houses now sat at their tables chatting about the exciting new year. The roar came to a halt when the headmaster stood up and walked to the podium. Dumbledore announced to the students that the castle would be shared with special guests this year. He then said that Hogwarts was granted the privilege of being chosen to hold the Triwizard Tournament. He explained that the tournament was when three schools battled against each other through  a series of magical tasks. Only one student is selected from each school. In the end there is only one winner, who gains eternal glory. He warned that these contests were not for the faint of heart.

"Please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic," Dumbledore exclaimed. With that, the girls fluttered in, flirting here and there.

"I like the looks of them," you heard Blaise remark.

"And now our friends from the North, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang," Dumbledore said. The boys came in doing tricks with their staffs and doing flips along the way. From the very back you could see none other than Viktor Krum walking beside the highmaster.

"Whatever git gets chosen from this poor excuse for a school won't stand a chance against them," Draco scoffed. You couldn't help but laugh.

Dumbledore then announced that Bartemius Crouch would be attending the school year to explain the rules of the tournament and ensure that they were being followed. As he announced this, the ceiling broke out into a thunderstorm and everyone in the Hall screamed. From behind a door, a man raised his wand and returned the ceiling back to its previous state. As the man walked out from the door, people began to chatter and gossip. The man had a prosthetic leg and a glass eye, which moved frantically.

"Bloody hell that man is terrifying," you whispered to Draco.

"Ah, my dear old friend. Thanks for coming," Dumbledore said as he shook the man's hand. The man then stepped to the side and took a swig out of an old flask. I wonder what he's drinking you thought.

Bartemius Crouch then stood to make his announcement. As he went on to say that no student under the age of seventeen was allowed to put forth their names, students began to boo and cause a fuss.

"This school would've actually had a chance to win if I was in the running," Draco said slyly. You rolled your eyes at him.

"SILENCE," Dumbledore shouted. He then walked over to the gold statue that was next to him. With a wave of the headmaster's wand, the gold melted to reveal an old goblet.

A blue flame then emerged from the goblet as Dumbledore explained, "The Goblet of Fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves to the tournament, need only write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly. If chosen, there is no turning back. As from this moment, the Triwizard Tournament has begun."