Chapter 20

Today, Sam and I have an appointment with our wedding planner. I'm so excited!

Sam calls out from the bedroom, "Babe, have you seen my sneakers?"

"I think I saw them by the front door," I yell.

Sam comes out of the bedroom and stops in the kitchen to give me a quick kiss before going to the front door.

"Breakfast is ready." I love it when we have mornings together.

He comes back into the kitchen. "Mmmm... Is that bacon?"

"You know that it is, handsome!"

He winks. "You sure know what my heart desires."

"Yes, yes, I do... however, I'm confused, Sam. I thought that I was the desire of your heart, and bacon was the desire of your stomach." I give him a sideways look, and he grins.

I could jump his bones when he looked at me with that sexy grin.

"I want to apologize, but we are talking about bacon." He shrugs.

I place my hands on my hips. "Is it too late to cancel this wedding? Maybe you should marry the bacon."

He kisses my cheek. "Yep, too late, you're stuck with me." He looks around the kitchen. "So, I smell the bacon, but I don't see the bacon."

"Excuse me, darling." I bump him out of my way with my hip.

I pull the bacon and cheddar quiche out of the oven and make sure that my ass is sticking up in the direction of Sam's face. Looking over my shoulder, I catch Sam looking at my ass and smile to myself.

I place breakfast on the set table. "Can you bring over the coffee and juice?"

Sam sets the coffee and juice on the table, and we sit.

He takes a bite. "Okay, first of all, this is incredible, Babe. Secondly, what can I expect regarding today?"

"I've already met with Amy several times and have informed her of our decisions concerning everything from the church, reception venue, flowers, photographer, music, and invitations. Today, you must attend with me to pick out the menu and cake. Right up your alley, Babe. Taste-testing." I smirk at him and put a bite of quiche into my mouth.

Sam rubs his hands together, and I can see the excitement in his eyes. He's so adorable!

"Perfect." He shoves more quiche into his mouth.

"I thought you would enjoy attending this meeting with me, but honestly, Amy required it," I laugh.

"I like her already,' he proclaims.

"You ready to go, Sam?"

It was lunchtime, but we didn't have lunch, so we'd be hungry for the taste testing.