OUR DINNER DATE

After some time, Arnav woke up, but it was past their dinner time. So, he thought he'll bring dinner for both of them to their room and then wake his wife. With these thoughts, he freshened up and he was passing through the corridor, he saw lights on in his Nani's room. He went inside to check on her, he hasn't spoken to her since their marriage, he decided to chat with her for a while. When he entered the room, he saw her pressing her legs and she didn't acknowledge his presence. He sat down beside her legs and started pressing her legs, that's when she saw him. "Chotte, what are you doing? Get up and sit beside me", she said. "No Nani let me do, I have missed doing this. You remember during my childhood I used to sit beside you and press your legs and you used to tell me stories", he said with teary eyes. "Yes, I do remember every moment spent with you. How you used to share all your secrets with me, some of them even your mother didn't know", she said caressing his hair.

"Everything has changed because of me, after that dreadful day I've become cold and stayed aloof from all of you, only if I had let you in then today might be different", he said holding her hand to his cheek. "No Chotte, don't feel guilty. Whatever you faced was beyond your age, you had to grow up more than your age. Even though we were there, you decided to take up Anjali's responsibility and become independent. Everyone was there for Anjali, but no one was there for you. You never shared your grief with anyone; you may not say but I know you still get nightmares. This used to bother me a lot, I've always wanted someone like Khushi to be your life partner, who can bring you out of your shell. Maybe that is why I couldn't accept Ms. Kashyap. But today after seeing you play Holi and dancing happily, I'm happy and I can peacefully die without no worries" she said smiling weakly. "Don't you dare think of something like this, I want you beside me to guide me. I want to live all the moments which I've missed. And don't you want to play with your Chotte's kids", he said to lighten the situation. "Yes, I do want to play with my Chotte's Chotte", she said smiling. "Nani, I hope you are not angry regarding my marriage, I know you planned many things for my marriage, but due to situations, I had to marry her without your knowledge. I promise, I'll get married to her in front of you with all the rituals, but give me some time I'll sort out everything" he said. "No, I'm not mad at you. I'm happy that finally, you've decided to settle down, it's just that I couldn't be a part of it. Since you are saying you'll get married again with all the rituals I'm more than happy. But is there anything that I should know?", she asked sensing his behavior. He said, "Yes, you need to know many things, but not now. I'll tell you everything when it is needed. Nani, I also wanted to say that tomorrow I wanted to take Khushi for our farmhouse." She said, Ok, I'll let you handle things in your way, and regarding the farmhouse, you can go. I was thinking to send both the couples for honeymoon." "Nani if you want send Akash and Paayal to honeymoon. We'll go once we get married", he said. For which she said, "Ok, as you wish. I think you both haven't had your dinner, go and have it." He wished Good night and left from there.

As soon as he entered Kitchen, he saw Paayal cleaning the kitchen, he stood there not knowing how to ask her. But Paayal saw him and understood that he is hesitating to ask something, so she started the conversation, "Arnavji, you need anything?" "Water", he said not wanting to ask her. She immediately filled a glass with water and gave him. He gulped the water in a go and turned to go but he heard her calling him, so he turned back. He heard her saying, "Arnavji, Hp is not here. I know you came for dinner, if you don't mind, I'll serve you dinner." He immediately said, "No, I won't mind you serving me. It's just that I didn't know how to ask. You know what I mean. I've never asked anyone for anything. I like to do things on my own." "It's okay I understand. Next time don't hesitate to ask anything. I won't mind", she said smiling sweetly. "Thanks, Paayal. Khushi is tired so she's still sleeping, so I thought to take dinner for us to our room", he said. "I don't think Khushi will wake up now, maybe you have to feed her while she's sleeping", she giggled saying this. "How can one eat while sleeping?", he asked frowning. "Well, we are talking about Khushi, so everything is possible", she said and both of them chuckled. "it's okay I'll feed her, you just set the plate and give," he said. She just nodded and took a plate. While doing, she asked "Arnavji if you don't mind can I ask you something" and he just nodded his head. She asked, "Arnavji, is Shyam the reason behind your sudden wedding? Because I know Khushi, she would never do anything like this. She always dreamed of a big fat Indian wedding." He replied, "Yes, I got to know about Shyam on your wedding day, I just wanted to protect Khushi and Di. So, I forced her to get married and she had no other choice, so she accepted." "I've already told Akash about him, Khushi wanted to tell you but Amma and Buaji stopped her from telling. But it's nice that you got to know about him. I don't think Shyam will change but please take care of my sister, she had already suffered a lot", she said handing him the plate. "Don't worry Paayal, I'll take care of her. And yeah you can also call me Bhai like Akash does. Good night." She replied, "Good night Arnavji" for which he raised his eyebrow, immediately she said, "Good night Bhai." He smiled and left from there. He has many things to sort out and also, he has to mend his relationship with everyone. Today, he decided to change for a better being like promised to Khushi and also to let people into his world after talking to Nani. Because he understood, he gained nothing by staying aloof from everyone rather than getting nightmares.

He entered their room and saw Khushi still sleeping like said by Paayal. He sighed and kept the plate on the table. He went towards her and patted her cheek lovingly still there's no response from her. He smiled and scooped her in his arms, immediately her one hand clutched his collar, and another one snaked around his neck and snuggled into his chest. She easily got comfortable with him and she recognized him even in her sleep, this gesture of hers brought immense happiness to him. He slowly sat on the recliner and made her sit on his lap comfortably. Few hair strands were falling on her face, he tugged them behind her ear lovingly. He removed the plate which was placed to cover the food, he found jalebis in it. He thought to try his luck on the name of jalebis, so he placed a jalebi near her mouth and in his husky voice he said, "Khushi, don't you want to have Jalebi" and it worked she immediately woke up and saw jalebi. She tried to take that into her hands but Arnav moved his hands away. She frowned and then saw him smirking at her, that's when she realized she's sitting on his lap. She tried to get up but he didn't let her succeed. "Khushi I woke you up to feed not because you're heavy", he said in his husky voice near her ears which created goosebumps all over her body. "but Arnavji, it'll pain you later", she said slowly avoiding his gaze. "I'm not that weak that I'm unable to carry my wife", he said and brushed his nose against her. And that made her blush, a red hue has spread all over her face. Seeing her flushed face, he said now let me feed my girl by kissing her on the forehead lovingly. She replied, "Arnavji, I'm not your girl. I'm your woman." He chuckled and said, "I haven't made you my woman yet, till then you're my girl." She didn't understand his inner meaning and immediately said, "What do you mean by I haven't made you my woman yet. For god's sake we are married and you say I'm not your woman" folding her hands and looking at him angrily. He smiled inwardly for her innocence and said, "Woah, easy easy. I'll tell you the reason but first, have this." He brought Jalebi near her mouth; she took a bite but turned her face. He slowly moved near her ear and whispered, "I meant to say that we haven't established our husband-wife relationship. So, technically I haven't made you my woman which is why I called you my girl." Hearing him, her jalebi choked in between and she started coughing badly. He hugged her and patted her back continuously till she became fine. When she became calm, he made her drink water and said "Do you want me to make you my woman now?" She blushed and hugged him tightly unable to face him.

He gently kissed her on her nape and said "ok now no more teasing, have your dinner sweetheart." She nodded and he fed her. After finishing eating jalebis, she snaked her hands over his neck and said "Did you have your dinner Hubby." He smiled hearing her because this is the first time, she's showing her love openly. He replied, "No, how can I have my dinner without my baby wife." Hearing baby wife from her husband she blushed but immediately she said, "Well, I cannot make you sit on my lap and feed you. But I can feed you by sitting in your lap itself." Now, it's time for him to blush. He smiled and said, "As you wish my princess" and bowed his head down for which she giggled and started to feed him and he fed her. Like this, they finished their dinner on his lap. And that counts as their first Dinner date. He scooped her in his arms again and made her sit on the bed and settled beside her. She placed her head on his chest and snuggled into him. He patted her back lovingly and placed kisses on her head from time to time. Slowly she drifted to sleep, and then he slowly came out of her hold to make arrangements for tomorrow. After making arrangements for tomorrow he settled beside her and slept peacefully.