ONE STEP CLOSER

Arnav got into his SUV and drove to AR for the reports, by the time he reached Aman was waiting for him with the reports. Arnav sat on his chair and took the report and opened it. It stated that Shyam Manohar Jha wasn't even a lawyer, he got fake certificates to show people. He never practiced law, all these years he was just fooling around. He wasn't an orphan also, he had a father and he himself killed his father when he refused to give him money for buying fake certificates. Then he met Anjali Raizada once in a temple and then trapped her for money and got married to her. All these years he was living on ASR's money. He was a hustler, he used to roam all the cities wherever he had clients. Once when he was in Lucknow, He met Khushi Kumari Gupta and was smitten by her. From then he was following her. He coaxed her aunt saying that he was an orphan and started to stay with them as a paying guest. When Shashi Gupta got to know about him being married, he attacked him and made him paralyzed. He then managed to get engaged with Khushi Kumari Gupta, but it was soon broken when she got to know about him. He tried to kill his wife Anjali Jha many times, like during the new year's eve, during Akash Raizada's Sangeet, and finally on their wedding also.

Arnav threw the report far away, his boiled after reading the report. He clenched his fist tightly to control his anger. That's when he heard Aman say, "ASR would you like to meet Mr. Jha, I've already held him captive in our den." He smirked hearing Aman, this is the thing he likes the most about Aman. He understands him so well and does the work even before he tells him to do it. He just nods and Aman takes him to the place where he kept Shyam.

Before entering the room, Aman stops Arnav and says, "Sir Anjali Ma'am asked me to prepare Divorce papers, they are ready would you like to see them." After seeing him nod, Aman hands Arnav, Anjali's Divorce papers and Arnav reads them and looks at Aman and says, "Perfect Aman and you're the best." and that made Aman Mathur's day because hearing compliment from his boss is impossible. And today he received one which made him the happiest soul.

As Arnav entered the room, he saw Shyam tied to a chair and beaten up black and blue. There were bloodstains on his face and body. Arnav smirked evilly seeing him, he asked his men to free his right hand and make him sign on the papers. Shyam shouts, "No, I won't sign on any damn papers." Arnav grits his teeth and says, "You don't have an option, Mr. Jha. Everything is over now, so better sign them. Don't awaken the beast in me." He turns towards Aman and says, "make him sign the papers and send them to Shantivan and you know what to do with him" and goes away from there.

He drives back to Shantivan, he goes to his room directly to have a shower which he need now very badly. He came out, but his wife hasn't come to their room yet. He was wiping his hair, then Hp entered with his black coffee. He asked Hp, "Where is Khushi?" he replies, "Khushi Bitiya is in Naniji's room with Anjali Bitiya. Maamiji and Paayal Bitiya are also there." He nods his head and Hp leaves from there.

He didn't know what to do and at the same time, he didn't want to disturb them. So, he opened his laptop and started to do his work. After an hour or so, Arnav heard the sound of the door getting closed. He looked up and saw his wife coming inside the room muttering, "Lord Governor, he said that he'll be back soon. But hasn't returned yet. Let him come back, I'll teach him a nice lesson." He smiled inwardly and said, "What will you do baby?", that's when Khushi saw her husband sitting on the recliner and doing his work. Her eyes widened, she said, "Lord Governor when did you come? You didn't even tell me that you came back. I was worried for you and here you're romancing with your co-wife." Arnav stood up and pulled Khushi to him and in his dangerously husky voice said, "Don't you dare talk about co-wife, you're my only wife." "Arnavji, I didn't mean it that way. You're taking me wrong, I was just joking" said Khushi to calm him down. "I don't like such stupid jokes Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada, get that into your tiny brain", said Arnav. Khushi smiled and said, "Ok, now tell me when did you come back?" Arnav left her and replied, "I came 2 hours back, Hp told that all the ladies assembled in Nani's room. I didn't want to disturb you, so thought to do some work before you come back." Khushi smiled and asked, "Do you want me to bring your coffee?", he replied saying, "Hp gave me coffee. I heard you saying that you'll teach me a lesson, what will you do baby?" Khushi blushed and said, "I don't know, I'll think of it when the time comes." But Arnav was in no mood to leave her, so he asked, "But why were you angry?" She blushed more and said, "Since two days you were there with me all the day, I got attached to you. It's been more than 4 hours since I last saw you, so I was missing you and got irritated. Sorry" and looked down. He raised her face by her holding chin and said, "You shouldn't be sorry for missing your husband. And it's good that you've started missing me. Now tell me what you want me to do" She smiled and hugged him and said, "Nothing just hold me tight like this and I'll be fine." he hugged her back because even he needed that. It was really a tiring day for both of them. So much has happened in a day, but everything seems to be good now. Everything will fall in place now.

They stayed there like that for a while and then Khushi broke the hug and said, "Arnavji, I need your help. Will you please help me?." Arnav just cupped her face and said, "Baby you don't need to say Please, all you've to do is order me. Now tell me what you want to do." Khushi placed her hands on his hands and said, "Arnavji what was Di interested in when she was going to college. I mean to say I like cooking, you like gardening likewise what are Di's interests?" Arnav replied, "Di used to like reading books a lot, after marriage, she stopped reading them." Khushi jumped and hugged him tightly and then broke the hug and said, "Let's bring some books for Di, her mind will be diverted and slowly she'll forget everything. Let's bring some pregnancy books also. We should bring ice cream Di likes them a lot. Actually we should make a list of all things which Di likes and bring them, because during Pregnancy they crave to eat all their favorite items and " she was cut off by her husband saying, "Khushi... baby calm down. We'll do everything, you don't get excited. For the first, now we'll go and bring some books and ice cream for Di. Tomorrow we'll make a list and bring other items okay?" and she nodded her head. He asks her, "Now give me my return gift." She looks at him confused and asks, "What do you want?" He leaned forward and their lips are just inches apart he whispers, "this" and captures her lips for a passionate kiss. After a minute he leaves her lips, but she kisses him again. Then they heard a knock at the door, bringing them back to the world. He pecked her lips and went to the door. Hp shouted, "Arnav Bhaiyya, Naniji is calling you both." Arnav replied, "Ok, we'll be there. You can leave" By the time Arnav was back, Khushi was setting her pallu which was disoriented when they kissed. She was struggling to adjust her pallu, as she was embarrassed. Arnav took the pallu from her hands and she looked at him immediately, for which he replied, "Relax baby, let me help you. And there's nothing to get embarrassed about. We both are husband and wife, so all these things are common. Tell me if you aren't comfortable with all these things" She nodded her head as no. He continued, "Then you shouldn't worry about all these things, We'll not do anything that you aren't comfortable off." and placed her pallu on her shoulder and kissed her forehead. And then went to meet Nani after becoming presentable.

When they reached Nani's room, they saw Nani sitting beside a sleeping Anjali. Arnav asked Nani, "Nani you called us?" Nani replied, "Yes Chotte, I'm worried for Anjali Bitiya." Arnav replies, "Nani everything will be fine, we're planning to bring a few books for Di. Some regarding Pregnancy, then her mind will be diverted. And we'll be there with her right? She'll be fine, you don't worry." Nani smiles and replies, "I know you'll make everything right for your Di and now even Khushi bitiya is there. So, everything will be fine." Then both left to bring ice cream and books for Anjali, to make Anjali smile.