OUR RESPONSIBILITIES

When Arnav woke up after a while, it was already 7 in the evening, he felt some weight on his chest. When he turned to see what it was, he saw his baby wife sleeping peacefully on his chest, snuggling more and more into his chest even if that wasn't possible anymore. He chuckled seeing her, he slowly moved the fringes that were falling on her face and tugged them behind her ear. He don't know for how long he stared at her.

After a while, Khushi woke up from her sleep and saw her dear husband staring at her. She placed her hand on his eyes and said, "Arnavji, why are you looking at me like that?"
He removed her hand from his eyes and said, "like what baby?" She stammered, "like... like..." he chuckled seeing her trouble. "Arnavji, why do you tease me always," said Khushi. He brushed his fingers on her nose and said "Because I like to see your red button nose." She smiled and said, "Arnavji, all this can wait. We have all our life, we should first think about Di. I think we should tell Di everything about that Shyam. You remember Di met with an accident on our marriage, I feel he's behind the accident. He can do anything, we should save Di and her baby." He pecked on her forehead and said, "Why are you so selfless baby? This is the thing I like the most about yourself, but I want you to be selfish when it comes to me. You don't have to give all the time. It's okay to be selfish sometimes, all your life you've kept others above yourself but not anymore. I won't let you do that anymore. Trust me I'll take care of Shyam, you don't worry. Now your only concern should be on our relation okay." "Arnavji I trust you, you'll take care of everything but the thought of Di getting hurt, scares the hell out of me. Let's finish this once for all. please..." pleaded Khushi. Arnav said, "You don't worry, I've asked Aman to do a background check on Shyam. We'll get those reports by tomorrow morning. Then we'll see what to do. Till then let me spend time with my wife okay" and she just nodded her head.

"Now tell me what you want to do, I'm all yours," said Arnav. "Nothing much I just want to sit in the garden and talk to amma babuji. I should also speak to maa and complain about her Chotte" said Khushi

Arnav asked sadly, "What do you want to complain about?" because he thought he couldn't make it up to her and she still has complaints. Khushi realized that he's hurt so she cups his cheek and says, "I'll tell Maa that her Chote is changing. He's becoming incorrigible these days. That previous version of yours was better, this is becoming too much for me to handle" and giggles.

He then realizes that she was teasing him, so he rolls her down such that he's on top of her and says, "So, do you want to see how incorrigible and shameless I could be, huh?" and then started to lean towards her, but she lightly slaps on his lips and says, "Arnavji, please let's go and sit in the garden." He just pecks on her lips and said, "come let's go, but on one condition." She asks, "And what would that be?", he gets up and says, "That I'll tell once we go there, so shall we?" and forwards his hand for her to hold.

Both of them went to the garden area hand in hand. Arnav sat on the bench, Khushi was about to sit on the bench beside him. But he didn't let her, instead, he pulled her onto his lap. She tried getting up but he didn't let her. He wound his arms around her waist, then she turned to face him. He bent little and whispered, "This is the condition I was talking about." She just smiled and leaned onto him. Both of them sat there peacefully in each other's arms. Then they had dinner and slept peacefully.

The next morning when Arnav woke up, he didn't find his wife beside him like yesterday. He wanted to wake up beside her and see her face first thing in the morning. He frowned not finding her beside him, he got up from the bed and checked in the washroom. She's not there in the washroom also. He turned and saw his wife coming inside with coffee with her. Her wet hair and Managalsutra on her neck added more to her beauty. She slowly walked in and said, "Good morning Arnavji." and placed his coffee on the side table. When she turned he pulled her onto him and said, "Well it's not a good morning for me, since you were not there beside me by the time I woke up, so do something to make my morning better." She pecked on his forehead and said, "does this make any better." He nodded as no, then she pecked on his nose. He pointed on his cheek, she pecked him there. And then he pointed on his lips, she bit him on his other cheek and pushed him away and ran away. After reaching the door she turned back and said, "You haven't brushed yet, go freshen up and come down. I'll serve the breakfast" he smiled and went to freshen up.

By the time, he came down, Khushi was setting the table for breakfast. They had their breakfast and returned back to Shantivan. When they entered the house, no one was there in the living room. Just then Hp came out of the kitchen with a glass of juice, Arnav called him and asked, "Hp, where are everyone." Hp replies that "Anjali Di fainted on the corridor, Akash bhaiyya took her to his room. Everyone are there in her room. Just now she woke, this juice is for her."

Arnav and Khushi got tensed and quickly ran to her room. As soon as they entered the room, he called her, "Di...", she signals him to come and sit beside her. He goes and sits beside her, she then looks at others. Everyone understood that they both need to talk because Anjali hasn't spoken anything from the time she woke up. And they know she'll only open up to him. Everyone went from there, and Khushi was standing at the door and was about to go but Anjali asks her to sit beside her.

She then turns to her Chote and says, "Chote, he tried to kill my Rajkumari. Please save my Rajkumari. Send him away from our lives." Arnav's blood boiled hearing her, he understood it was Shyam but still he asked her, "Who dared to do that to you Di?"

She whispered, "Shyam."