Nine

"Call me if you need anything!" I smiled as Ruby and his squad climbed into Abuelita's car.

"We will, bye Lia." Ruby smiled, his words slightly muffled due to the fake vampire teeth he had opted to wear.

Stepping back from the curb I waved as they pulled away and disappeared down the street before I made my way back inside the Diaz household to get ready for Oscars famous Halloween party.

"Aye Lia, you ready?" Oscars voice accompanied by a knock on his bedroom door took my attention away from fixing my hair for the tenth time in five minutes.

"Yeah I'm coming!" I called quickly slipping my shoes on and patting my dress down before I opened the door, the loud music and people's voices floating through from the yard.

"You look beautiful, princesa." He said quietly as his eyes roamed my body briefly before making eye contact.

"And where's your costume?" I raised an eyebrow as I looked over what he was wearing, a pair of khaki shorts and a white tank, his usual appearance.

"I'm wearing it, I'm a santo." He smirked laughing as I looked at him with a blank expression before raising an eyebrow. "Come on, Sad Eyes been asking where you're at." He muttered holding his hand out for me to take.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I laughed grabbing my phone and tucking it into the top of my costume.

"Aye! There she is!" Sad eyes cheered as me and Oscar walked out to the yard hand in hand

"Missed me?" I winked with a laugh, knowing that I had only seen him this morning.

"Always hermana." He smirked.

"I'm gunna go grab us a beer, I'll be right back princesa." Oscar spoke from beside me, pressing a quick kiss to my head before he let go of my hand and went of to a table that was full of different kinds of alcohol.

Feeling slightly awkward stood infront of a group of santos and their girls I quickly took a seat on the empty chair next between sad eyes and some girl that I had never seen before.

"How you been Lia?" Sad eyes asked as he took a sip of his beer.

"I literally just saw you this morning." I laughed making him raise his hands in mock offence. "But I'm good, what about you? You not got a hyna?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Me? Nah, hyna's come with too much drama, entender?" He sighed as he swirled the last bit of beer in his bottle.

"I get it, I guess." I shrugged, not really having any history with a hyna, or relationships in general.

"Here mama." Oscars voice came from behind me making me jump slightly before he handed me a beer.

"Gracias baby." I smiled bringing the bottle to my lips, the strong liquid burning my throat slightly, watching as Oscar moved so he was stood infront of me. "What-" I was cut off as Oscar leaned forwards and lifted me up spinning us so he could sit on the chair and pull me into his lap.