8⛓️

°•𝚅𝚘𝚝𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 C𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎•°

The story can wait! But your prayer won't!
So please pray and come.. The story isn't going anywhere.

CHECK OUT MY SHORT STORY FARAIB! IT'S COMPLETED AND I'M SURE YOU'LL ENJOY IT.

A week passed by, Mushk was noticing some change in Zohan's behavior. He started zoning many times and wasn't as talkative as before. She tried numerous times asking what's wrong but he just shook his head and tightly smiled at her telling it's something about work.

His behavior made Mushk scared, she wasn't getting any good vibes. She thought that he is starting to get frustrated by kids' presence so she always kept Mujtaba and Murtuza hidden from his eyes which didn't go unnoticed by Zohan.

This was the first mistake she made. Her actions made him think she was trying to get away from him. The truth was eating him from inside and he started hearing some voices in his mind.

He dismissed it thinking it as a sign of stress. He was actually turning into a psychotic person due to the voices without him realizing it.

~~

Sighing tiredly, he falls back on bed when Mushk enters with a glass of water. Giving it to him she sits beside him and turns towards him indicating she wants to talk.

"I..I was thinking of going to khala's house tomorrow. She is missing Murtuza and Mujtaba and we all planned to..." She was excitedly saying everything when he interrupted her.

"No! You won't be going anywhere." Zohan sternly tells her.

Mushk was shocked at his tone, he never ever raised his voice at her.

"Wha...why?" Mushk loudly asks him, upset over his tone.

"Ek baar keh diya na! Nahi matlab nahi! Ghar par baitho aur bacche sambhalo." Zohan harshly tells her and gets up but stops hearing her next words.

(I told you once! No means no. Sit at home and take care of kids.)

"What a sexist thing to say!" Mushk replies to him in the same tone.

She wasn't the one who gave up easily. Men and women aren't equal and that's right because women's darjah is higher than men in Islam.

She reminisces about her mothers words where she politely used to say about the equality of men and women. These days school study is mostly spoiling kids' brains. One such example is the topic of equality.

"Always remember, never keep quiet when one is suppressing your rights as a woman, Aurat ka darjah hamesha mard se uncha hota hai aur ye bohot kam mard samjhte hai. Nardon me anaa ka masla hota hai, unhe samjhna mushkil hai lekin iska matlab ye nahi ke tum har baar ladkar baithogi apne shohar se." She remembers her mothers words and her laugh when she said the last line.

(Always remember never keep quiet when one is suppressing your rights as a woman. Women always hold higher positions than men, and very few men know about this. Men have ego problems, it is hard to understand them but this doesn't mean you will always fight with your husband.)

"What? What did you just say?" Zohan angrily asks her, striding towards her bringing her out of memory lane and she stands up facing him, straightening her shoulders.

"What? What did I say wrong?" Mushk daringly asks him, who just keeps looking at her.

"Everything you said is wrong, there is nothing about being sexist. Aurat ka kaam hi ye hi hai..." Zohan was angrily saying when Mushk loudly interrupted him.

(Everything you said is wrong, there is nothing about being sexist. This is what women are supposed to do.)

"And you call yourself well educated? You don't even have the slightest knowledge about Islam." Mushk taunts him, who was completely vexed because of her behavior.

She was a feisty one and won't hesitate to set the wrong ones then and there and won't even bear anything wrong happening to her and Zohan came to know about it now. He was appalled that he mistook her as a meek girl.

"Islam sikhane chali? Ye bhool gayi aap ke apne shohar se badzubani nahi kar sakte hain?" Zohan seethingly asks her, who laughs at his words.

(You'll teach me Islam? Did you forget that Islam doesn't allow you to speak like this to your husband?

"Once again, do you even know what you're talking about? This is not badzubani Zohan! This is me fighting for my rights as a woman." Mushk fumingly tells him, her chest heaving up and down due to her immense shouting.

Giving her one last angry look, he pushes her and stomps out the room. She keeps looking at his retreating back, taking a deep sigh as she sits down on bed.

"What's wrong with him? He wasn't like this a few days ago." Mushk mutters holding her head in her hands.

~~

It was evening when Mushk hears the main door slam open, continuously stirring the pot she knew was Zohan.

She wasn't ready to face him yet, the show which happened this morning was completely unexpected but his plan failed when he entered the kitchen.

Ignoring him, she continues her work. Zohan sighs seeing her ignorance.

"Mushk..look...I..I'm..." He was trying to apologize, as he knew what he did today morning was completely absurd

"Dinner is ready." She shuts the stove and moves towards the dining table.

Zohan once again sighs, thinking to talk after dinner he moves towards his room to freshen up.

All of them were having their dinner quietly, tension present in the atmosphere after dinner Nushk wrapped everything up and went to her room.

Picking up the phone she calls her khala's number. Not getting an answer she dials on landline.

"Assalamualaikum." She greets as soon as the phone is picked up.

"Hello?...Hello" She once again questions upon not receiving an answer.

She was about to cut again when a voice from the other side stopped her.

"Walaikumsalam." A husky voice replied back.

Mushk stiffens hearing the voice.

"Irtazaa....." She whispers realizing its him.

And on the side, Irtaza could feel his heart accelerating hearing her melodious voice calling his name.

"Wo...I actually want to speak to khala, she isn't receiving my call." Mushk trails off.

"She is not here at the moment." Irtaza curtly replies, making her frown.

Accha! Can I speak to Hana then, Irtaza?" Mushk softly asks him.

She was waiting for his reply when a loud voice booms in the room.

"Who the fuck are you talking to?" Zohan roars at her, making her flinch and cut the call immediately.

She turns towards the voice to see him standing near the door. Her eyes widened seeing him rushing towards her like a raging bull.

holaaaaa!ASSALAMUALAIKUM BEHNO AUR UNKE BHAIYO;)...

Do follow me on instagram please, to know more about my stories, my character's interviews, aesthetics, book covers and most importantly, TEASERS/SNEAK PEEKS!

INSTA ID: cheesyburgir

What do you guys think Zohan will do? He already started doubting her loyalty and yes many of you are eager to know why Zohan is behaving like this. There is a hint in the prologue, see if you can find it.

*Vote and Comment*

~Burgir