Part 17B

V. IMPORTANT(Must READ): First of all sorry for the delay. I'd have posted the update weeks ago but my laptop crashed and I lost all my data before I could make a backup file. It frustrated me so much and I had to write it all over again and that too on my phone considering it's over 24K+ words it wasn't easy at all. Anyhow I just finished writing it and I hope my hard work pays off and you like it as much as you did before. Will be waiting eagerly for your feedback.

(Not proofread)

Here we go to the most awaited part of PLAD!

(Be careful because PAST and PRESENT are being told alternatively)

__________

Kabhi dekhna mujhe ghor se,

Tum mujh mein nazar aate ho,

Khud rouk ke, dhadkan meri,

Ab kis ko dharkaate ho?

"What's the time?" He muttered to himself and looked at the wall clock before leaning back tiredly at his seat. It hadn't been even an hour since he has come to office and not only did he have an important discussion with Ronit who left later on but also had slept in which he had a dream of her coming back as well.

You wish!

Someone sneered in him to which he gritted his teeth.

He vaguely registered Aman walking around the desk to stand across him.

Pinching the bridge of his nose he finally turned his attention to his PA whom he has called to Lucknow on urgent basis.

Aman couldn't attend the wedding due to some official business AR had in Delhi which required immediate attention but he had to leave it in the middle on ASR's command because something more important has come up. Not something rather say someone!

"When did you land in Lucknow?" He asked flatly.

"Just a few minutes ago. Came here right away." Aman answered looking at him anxiously.

"Don't give me that look." Arnav warned clearly reading worry on his face and he hated when someone unnecessarily look out for him when he was himself very much capable of doing so much better alone. He doesn't need anyone's help until or unless he doesn't think so otherwise.

"Are you okay?" Aman asked cautiously.

"Aman!" Arnav warned again.

"Sorry, ASR." Aman sobered up raising his hands in surrender.

Nodding Arnav gestured for him to sit. Aman obliged.

Arnav checked his phone and emails in a hope of finding something about her from his search team but in vain.

Aman was surprised when he heard what ASR said next,

"Do you how much time passed since I last saw her?" Arnav released a sigh and he didn't look okay to Aman at all but he kept silence. And Arnav himself answered his own question.

"It was at 10 last night when I saw her the last time hiding behind her father to escape from me." He scoffed. "As if he could have saved her." He said more to himself than Aman. Aman could only gape at him.

"And now it's 10 in the morning." He gritted. "Do you know how many hours has passed in between?"

Aman could see it wasn't a question directed to him but he was rather asking himself.