XXVI

Chapter 26: Near the far

Vladimir's P.O.V.

I entered my chamber and a smile took over my face. As I looked around the white flowers that decorated the room, I was reminded of her.
She likes white roses to be specific.

I looked around and saw different types of tiaras, all placed on their specific tables. I saw a big sketchbook and some different colors and paints.

These tiaras are just ideas. I promised her that I would give her, her very own tiara. If she can't get my mother's tiara, it's okay. Some old prophecy shit won't make me give her anything less than what she deserves.

She will be crowned the queen, whether she gets the crown or not.

Today, she gets to choose her own crown.

I looked towards the different stones and jewels showcased in a big glass container. She can choose whatever she likes. I will replace my stones to match hers if she would like.

I tapped my pocket to make sure that the ring was there. It must look to early for a marrige but after the coronation, she'll get my surname. So I thought I might make it more special by doing it the old way.
The old way is the romantic way.

I pull out the black velvet box and open it.

Inside is a ring, a thin ring with a white round diamond in the middle. Just how she likes it. Simple.

I felt myself grow nervous. I place a hand on my heart to calm myself down.

Dear Lord. Please don't let her reject me.

I watched as sun went down and the time came near.

I started to pace around the room and I felt close to collapsing.

I threw off my jacket at the bed.

And it made a mess of the flower petal decorations at the bed.

Bewildered, I ran forward and picked the jacket up. I threw my jacket inside the closet and ran back to fix the petals.

I panicked and I ended up messing it more.

“ She wouldn't mind a little bit of a mess. Right?” I spread them all over the bed evenly.

“ If she wouldn't know there was a heart here then she wouldn't know I messed it up.”

I fixed the last and let out a deep breath I didn't knew I was holding.

“ There. Flawless.”

I am a lunatic King that is talking to himself in the fear of not disappointing his future wife and queen.

Not a big deal at all.

Just a normal day in life.

I snapped my head as I heard footsteps.

I ran like my ass was on fire and stood next to the door.

The door opened soon after and Angelina came in.

Wait?

“ Angelina?” I questioned.

Her head snapped to mine and she bowed.

“ King Xavier.” She acknowledged me.

I nodded.

“ What is it?” I asked her.

She looked up to me and then looked around.

“ I am sorry if I was intruding on a personal moment. ” She bowed again.