Chapter 8

For now, I wait with the younger crew while eating some snacks.

"Hey," TJ says, making everyone look at her, "have you guys heard that joke about a train?"

"No...?" We all answer.

"Usually happens." We all look at her, confused. "Well, it makes more sense in Spanish."

"No, I got a good joke," Eden says. "Why don't scientists trust atoms?"

"No idea." We all say at a different time.

"Because they make up everything," Eden says with an amused smile.

"Okay, it was a good one but it didn't make me laugh," Cameron says.

"Agreed," I say.

"Well, smartypants, do you have a good joke then?" Eden tells me.

"Well, let's see..." I think. "Okay, why was 6 afraid of 9 on New Year's Eve?"

"No idea." They all say.

"Because 9, 8 (ate), 7..." I smile, amused.

They all stood there for a while until they got it and start laughing.

"Alright, yeah, you're way better at this than me," Eden tells me, still laughing and almost choking.

"That was a fine joke, let me tell you that," Cameron says.

"Oh, man," Dante says, rubbing the tears from his eyes, "we should spend more time together, I'm sure we'll have so much fun."

"I'd be delighted, thank you." I smile.

"You know?" TJ tells me. "You and Ethan should compete on who's the best comedian."

"Totally!" Eden says. "And Blake would be the judge!"

We all start laughing more at their comments.

"Sure, why not? That would be so much fun!" I say. "You up for the competition, Ethan?" I challenge him.

"Oh. If you're ready to be defeated, I don't mind at all." He brags.

"Oh, shut up you!" I throw a muffin at him and he grabs it.

"Oh, chocolate, my favourite." He takes a bite out of it. "Hey, thanks very much, I've been wanting one but I couldn't reach any." He says with his mouth full.

I make a mocking face and laugh. We hear the guy through the speakers again.

"TJ McGibbon on set, please! I repeat, TJ McGibbon on set!"

"Oh, that is my call," TJ says while taking her fuzzy coat off, revealing her pretty Umbrella Academy uniform.

"Aw, I love how your uniform suits you very well," I say.

"Why, thank you. Your Umbrella Academy uniform looks very good on you, too." She compliments me.

"Thank you, well good luck on your parts!" I tell her.

"Thanks, you too." And she heads to the scene.

"So, (y/n)," Blake starts, I look at him, "tell us something about yourself. We're very curious."

I chuckle. "Well, there's not much you guys need to know about me, but I honestly like to read a lot-"

"Oh," Eden says, "which book are you reading currently?"

"Well, I'm stuck with 3 books right now. I've read The Red Queen a couple of months ago and want to get the next book-"

"Wait, before you continue," Cameron speaks up, "what is that book about?"