Stress

Hizashi woke up to the house shaking. Shouta was already gone for patrol. It was still early on a Sunday. He had a bad feeling about this.

   He snatched his hearing aids and turned them on only to hear screaming and explosions. He sighed and slid his glasses on. "Katsuki Bakugo!!!" He shouted just shy of being able to hurt people's ears.

   The explosions stopped quick.

   "Haha!!! You got in trouble!!!" He heard his oldest snicker. He wished the 15 year old would stop teasing his younger siblings. Katsuki was only 9 after all.

   "Shut up asshole!" Katsuki snapped.

   "Touya you too!" He shouted, going to get himself out of bed.

   It was Bakugo's turn to laugh as Touya groaned.

   "Stop laughing at him!" That was definitely Hitoshi.

   The house went quiet before Katsuki and Touya walked in the room. 'Sorry…' They signed.

   'How big is the mess?' Miz has a bad feeling about this.

   Touta and Katsuki share a look. 'We'll clean it up.'

   Hizashi raised a brow. 'How bad?', he signed again.

   "Papa… The toaster is on fire." Hitoshi yelled from outside of the room.

   Hizashi groaned softly. "I'm too old for this… I literally have horrible vision and I can't even hear. And yet I was blessed with two loud ass children with quirks that could burn the house down. Shouta is gonna kill me." He groaned and headed out to assess the damage.

   It actually wasn't as bad as Hizashi thought. He sighed and went to put out the fires first. He hadn't meant to grumble at the children like that. His stress was starting to get to him. He was a father of three with three jobs.

   "Papa..?" Hitoshi whispered. "Are you okay?" He asked softly.

   "Im fine Hitoshi!" he sighed softly scrubbing at the burn mark on the wall.

   Hitoshi flinched back and covered his ears.

   Hizashi flinched as well. He was way too loud that time.

   "Pops… Are you okay..? We didn't mean to make you mad..." Touya managed but his hands were shaking.

   "You're being an ass..." Katsuki hissed softly.

   Hizashi ran a hand through his hair. "Im sorry.. Look boys I can't hear, I can only see with glasses, I work three different jobs and I take care of you three. My life is very stressful and I'm not the best person to be scolding you for this. I'm sorry about the yelling…" he managed to grate out. His throat is tight.

   All three children are staring at him. They've never seen Hizashi like that. They wouldn't know how insecure he was. His Present Mic persona was so good it bled into his normal life.

   "Pops I..." Touya started and then swallowed. "I'm sorry."

   "Yeah..." Hitoshi whispered.

   "Yeah… Sorry… whatever." Katsuki huffed, crossing his arms.

   Hizashi blinked. He was more confused than ever in his life. "Boys you didn't do anything. I should not have yelled at you for that."

   "Hizashi. Shut up will you?" Shouta asked, walking in. He looked tired from this morning's early patrol.

   Hizashi furrowed his brows confused as hell. "But-"

   Shouta gave him a look that said shut up. "Hizashi. Parents yell at children. And Children cause problems. You're stressed out. You need to go back to bed now."

   Hizashi stepped back. " But I-"

   "You heard him Pops! Back to bed!" Touya huffed. "One day I'll be able to do stuff and you can just relax."

   "Yeah! Kat, Touya and I will become heros and help you out!" Hitoshi chirped.

   "Whatever…" Katsuki huffed.
   Shouta gave a small smile. "You heard them Zashi. Bed time."

   Hizashi felt a warm feeling in his chest. "Yeah… okay." he squeaked and turned on his heels toward the bedroom.