Chapter 6: Sorry Not Sorry

I groaned as the pain in my head grew. Everything was so blurry, why is the room dark?

"Elora?"

I jumped and looked next to me, seeing Clark with concerned eyes, scanning my features with his piercing blue eyes. "Clark? You motherfucker." I gritted, my blood was boiling with anger.

He sighed and gave me a glare, "Well then maybe you should've stayed away. I don't want to be found."

"Oh really and you couldn't have just said so instead of I don't know... Instead of nearly choking me to death!" I yelled, he winced and dropped his head. He ran a hand over his face and looked at me again.

"I'm sorry." he simply said, I huffed and stared at him in disbelief.

"No you're not."

"Yeah I'm not." he smirked, I glared at him before slapping his cheek. He closed his eyes and shook his head.

"Woman will you stop." he hissed and opened his eyes, they were glowing red. Two can play this game dumbass.

I made my eyes glow as well and smirked at him in triumph. "No, I won't stop. Dude, you need a shower, you stink." I said and hopped off his.... I WAS IN HIS BED!!

I looked down and sighed in relief when is saw I was still wearing my clothes.

"Well I'm sorry, I wasn't expecting a beast to come stalking at my door today." he stood up from his crouched position and left the room. I frowned, I'm a beast? Oh hell no.

I stormed after him and stomped my foot, "I'm a beast? Well sorry to say this but word on the street is that you're actually the beast and everyone fears you instead of embracing you and applauding you. Call me a beast one more time and I'll take your eyes out and feed it to you." I threatened with a hiss.

"Calm down kitty cat or I might have to put you down." he said, I gasped with offense.

"Excuse me, you're the damn dog, you look like one, you clearly act like one judging how your freaking apartment looks and not to mention you smell like one." I snapped back.

He sarcastically smiled, "And what exactly are you doing here?"

What was I doing here with this man? I carefully studied his features, to see what it is that I'm fighting for. His blue eyes caught me in a haze, attracting me. I only realized now he was shirtless with only a pair of sweatpants on. The sudden desire, the need to have his arms around me just ignited within me. I still felt his lingering touch on my neck.

"To save you." I answered, trying to ignore this fluttering feeling inside.

"Save me? I don't need saving." he snapped.

"Clearly, but would you really let a broken heart stop you from being you. Can't you see the other important people in your life that you've hurt. Your mother cries herself to sleep wishing she could see her son. Your friends all gave up and they kept trying and trying. The world thinks they lost a great hero. So tell me Clark, now do you realize how precious you are in other people's lives? Are you willing to leave that all behind? " I asked, stepping closer to him, feeling his labored breath fan my face. Even though his breath reeked of alcohol. I knew he was sane. I knew he wouldn't like the thought of hurting his mother.

"And what are you going to do to help me?" he asked folding his muscular arms on his chest.

"It's clear that we're both going through a rough time. So we'll work through our shit together and take the road of redemption. One step at a time... Together." I said softly, gazing at his sharp features.