⁰⁷ Invitations and Pranks

UNEDITED☆

Published on 16th November, 4:22pm, IST

⁰⁷ Invitations and Pranks

"We're finding you a girlfriend

"We're finding you a girlfriend."

━━☆━━

DORCAS MEADOWES was excited. Very excited.

It was nearing the end of October, and it soon would be November, which meant that it would be Sirius Black's birthday.

All the marauders' birthdays were eagerly anticipated by everyone, as they would be the wildest parties of the year.

Dorcas was sure that since it was Sirius' seventeenth birthday, the celebrations would be even more exuberant than usual.

She had no time to think about that now, as Marlene McKinnon was walking towards her.

"Hello, Dorcas!" She smiled at her, brushing her blonde hair behind her ear, the action making her blush harder than ever and her heart hammer in her chest.

Lily smirked at her reaction. "I'm going to go now," She said, backing away. "McGonagall needs me for, um, stuff. Bye Dorcas! See you later!" She scampered off into the distance.

Dorcas glared daggers at her retreating back, making a mental note to pay her back later.

She snapped her attention back to Marlene when she cleared her throat.

"So. . ."

"Yes?"

"Sirius Black's birthday is coming up,"

Dorcas took a sharp intake breath, not wanting to get her hopes up.

"And I got an invitation to attend," She continued.

"Oh?"

"And I was wondering if you'd like to come with me?"

Dorcas swore that her heart stopped in surprise.

"Of course!" She gasped out a reply. "I'll open the portrait door for you at nine?"

"Thank you, Dorcas!" Marlene said with a genuine smile, kissed her cheek, and ran away.

Now she really had something to look forward to.

━━☆━━

Nesrin, like all the Gryffindors, and a few Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws, were excited about the party, but she wasn't sure if Leonard would get an invitation.