¹⁶ Looming Exams

☆UNEDITED☆

Published on 3rd January 2021, 8:06 pm, IST

¹⁶ Looming Exams

"These pick-up lines are so cheesy and adorable! I love them!"

━━━━☆━━━━

☆    NEARLY TWO months had passed since Nesrin had gotten her first pick-up line.

    She had gotten one every day from that night onwards, each with a single rose.

    At the moment, she was on her way for tutoring from Sirius, fiddling with the rose she got that day, giggling about the latest pick-up line.

    "Hey Sirius," Rin smiled, setting her bag down.

    "Rin," He nodded in acknowledgement. "The exams are approaching fast, and that means we have to study transfiguration theory too, not just practical stuff."

    "Right,"

    "So let's start with the first chapter, we can revise theory and practicals together."

    "Rin, what's going on?" Sirius asked Rin, seeing her look distracted, her eyes darting here and there, her hand stroking a rose flower in woven in her hair.

    The rose he gave to her, Sirius realised.

    "Huh-what? Nothing!" Rin said quickly, returning her hand to her lap from her hair.

    Sirius raised his eyebrows, pointing a finger to the flower in her hair. "That rose," Said he, looking at her expectantly. "Who gave that to you?" He asked, wanting to know how she felt about it.

    Rin hesitated before replying. "I actually don't really know?"

Then she reached into her satchel and pulled out a piece of parchment, laying it on the table for Sirius to see.

    "There," Rin said. "I've been getting a note every day with a pick-up printed it."

Hey Rin,
If you were a dementor, I'd become a criminal just for your kiss.

    Sirius smirked inwardly as he read the note. He was such a genius for coming up with them.

    "You must feel very special getting them, huh?" He asked her hopefully.

    Run blushed and avoided eye contact. "Yeah I do," she whispered softly. "These pick-up lines are so cheesy and adorable! I love them!"

    Sirius smiled into his book at these words. "Do you have any idea who it could be? A hunch?"

    "No," Rin shook her head ruefully. "I really wish I knew, though. I'd like to thank them for sending me such lovely notes. And the roses! How did they know it's my favourite flower!?

    Sirius was elated. Now he might have a chance with the first girl he likes!

    "Do you like this guy? Do you think this bloke might have a chance with you?" He hopefully asked subtly.

    "Maybe. . ." She blushed, looking at him through lowered lashes. Then she cleared her throat and sat up straight in her seat. "That's enough for now," Said she, "It's almost May, the exams are coming soon. Let's get back to studying."

    Then suddenly it was a week into May, and the exams were looming above them. Four students had already been hospitalised due to nervous breakdowns.

    Everyone was studying, even James Potter was panicking.

    The only thing that kept Rin from having a nervous breakdown was the pick-up line that she got each day.

Hey Rin,
We're not in Professor Flitwick's class, but you sure are charming!

    She had all the notes she got stored in a drawer in her dorm room, and the roses were beautifully arranged in a large vase, enlarged to fit new roses each time.

    The roses' scent filled the dormitory with a heavenly fragrance, which helped them sleep during these stressful exam nights.

    "Rin," Lily asked her one night while in her bed. "This anonymous writer, do you like him? Would you ever consider dating him if you knew who he was?"

    "Possibly, yes," Rin answered. "But does anyone think it's a bit too soon after Leonard? But I really like this adorable person, Leonard was never so nice to me, he only cared for his own well-being."

    "Of course it's not too soon after Leonard!" Dorcas scoffed. "That was last Christmas, Rin! It's been like- what? Four months since then?"

    "Dorcas is right, Rin. So at least one of us can have a boyfriend."

    "Wait- what?!" Rin and Dorcas gasped, throwing their covers off of themselves, bounding over to Lily's bed.

    "I thought you and Bertram were doing great!"

    "What did that git do? He'll have us to answer for if he hurt you in any way, Lily!"

    "Oh, no, no, nothing like that," Lily assured her friends. "Bertram has been great, it's me who's the problem. . ."

    Lily shifted in her seat before continuing. "It's just that, I don't really. . . feel things for him anymore? Bertram is a good guy, but I just don't. . . you know. And the exams are nearly here, I don't want to have the pressure of having a boyfriend on top of that."

    Dorcas nodded sympathetically, rubbing Lily's shoulder. "Are you going to break up with him anytime soon?"

    "I am," Lily sighed. "I was thinking of doing it sometime this week. Can't be longer than that."

    "Good," said Rin. "You can't string guys along if you don't like them. Now let's get some sleep. McGonagall is going to give us our exam timetables first thing in the morning tomorrow, and I want to be well-rested for that before I start panicking."

━━━━☆━━━━

Extra chapter because it's my birthday!Enjoy :)

Enjoy :)

Kathu