²² The Attack

☆UNEDITED☆

Published on 6th February 2021, 2:20 pm, IST

²² The Attack

"The little mudblood can actually fight!"

━━━━☆━━━━

☆    LILY AND Rin were in the library, finishing up for the night.

    It was a week before the exams started, and everyone was cramming as much as information as they could into their brains.

    It was a few minutes before curfew when the pair finally exited.

    They were walking through the dimly lit hallways, discussing the subjects for exams.

    "So for DADA, the examiner might give us extra marks if you can produce a fully corporeal Patronus, my dad told me." Said Rin

    "Patronuses!" Lily gasped. "But that's part of our seventh-year curriculum! Dammit, Rin! If you had told me this earlier, I would have studied the charm and got extra marks on the exam! Ugh!"

    "Merlin," Rin laughed. "Calm down, Lily! Why would it matter for you, anyway? You'll be getting full marks as usual!"

    "No, I won't! I won't be getting full marks because-"

    Lily stopped her words short when she heard loud whispers.

    "Regulus! You have to take it! Aunt Walburga would be very proud! Plus, this is what we've always wanted!"

    The two girls peeked out from behind a wall, hoping to not get caught.

    Standing in the dimly lit corridor was Bellatrix Black and Rodolphus Lestrange surrounding around a frightened Regulus Black.

    "Besides," Bellatrix continued. "It will be an honour to serve him! Rodolphus and I already took the mark last summer! Our family will be proud, Regulus! Aunt Walburga needs this, for you to be a part of the organisation! Since Sirius ran away, she has been furious! She has no one except you since Sirius is disowned now!"

    "You have to do this, Regulus!" Rodolphus exclaimed, shaking Regulus' shoulders. "The wizarding world will finally be cleansed of the mudbloods and blood-traitors! Take the mark and become a Death Eater! Serve the Dark Lord!"

    Lily let out a loud gasp of surprise, blowing away the girls' cover.

    The Slytherins' heads whipped around to them.

    "Well, well, well," Sneered Rodolphus. "If it isn't it the mudblood and blood-traitor! What were you doing here, ey? Eavesdropping on our conversation?"

    "Er- no?" The girls slowly backed away.

    "Hey! Where are you going?! Stupefy!"

    "No!"

    The pair managed to dodge the attack.

    "Oh, look!" Bellatrix laughed derisively. "The little mudblood can actually fight!"

    Now all of them had their wands out.

    "Too bad, Gryffindors!" Rodolphus snarled. "There are three of us and two of you! You won't be standing a chance!"

    "Confringo!"

    And so, it started. The dim corridor became much more bright and illuminated by the flurry of spells passing through it.

    "Regulus! Don't just stand there, do something!"

    "Black! Lestrange!" Lily panted out between evading spells and casting them. "I'm a prefect! I'll take points from your house!"

    "Diffindo!" A red beam of light spouted from the tip of Regulus' wand, hitting Rin square in the chest.

    "Rin!"

    Lily wanted to rush to the aid of her bleeding friend, but she was duelling two people on her own.

    But fortunately, Luck seemed to be on her side.

    "What is going on here?!"

Professor Minerva McGonagall had arrived at the scene, causing the others to lower their wands.

    "Professor!" Bellatrix immediately put on an innocent expression. "We were just standing here, and these two came out of nowhere and started attacking us!"

    "That's not true!" Lily argued back. "Rin and I were going back to our common room- Oh my goodness! Rin!"

    She helped an unconscious Rin up, supporting her.

    "Miss Potter! Quickly, get her to the hospital wing!" She rounded on the Slytherins. "And you three! I'll be needing to see you both at my office, the first thing the morning!"

    "Miss Evans, let's get Miss Potter to the hospital wing."

    It was an hour later, and Rin was settled in a bed, her blood cleaned and filthy robes gone.

    "Poppy," McGonagall said. "Will she be recovering soon?"

    "Oh, yes, of course! She'll be good to go in a day or two!" said Madame Pomfrey, relieving Lily of her worries.

    "Miss Evans, You may go back to your common room now, tell Miss Potter's brother that he can visit his sister tomorrow morning."

    And so, Lily went off, worried about the future of the wizarding world, what the Slytherins said about cleansing the world.

━━━━☆━━━━

As I mentioned before, I'll be taking a break from this book to focus on my other book

So uh, I'll be gone for three weeks!
See you at the next update in three weeks!

Kathu